Applied critical thinking and innovation to resolve IT and operational technology-related challenges with independent research and analysis.
- Team Development: Mentored and trained all levels of staff and management.
- Innovation / Strategic Thinking: Educated and trained users, led the adoption of and performed maintenance of technological tools, increasing organizational productivity.
- Increasing Responsibility / Special Projects: Scope and depth of responsibilities increased dramatically into "go-to" person for large scale, offsite, and high profile projects.
- Self-Motivated / Independent: Worked independently and without direct supervision for last three years while actively identifying daily tasks and new projects to take on.
Vulcan Flight Management, 2005 - 2007
- Scope: Managed onsite IT operations at VFM and FHC subsidiaries, which are multi-million dollar organizations with staff of 130+
- Operations Improvement: Developed management tools to analyze the performance of existing processes and patterns. OUTCOME: improved reliability of most troubled technology that reduced service calls and restructured the support system to reduce costs 65% over 3 years with minimal impact of service levels.
- Strategy: Built a rapport with senior executives in biweekly meetings to contribute integral technical perspective planning the technology for a new museum and to implement organization-wide strategy into daily operations.
- Budgeting: Created and managed a yearly $120K operations budget, forecasting out 3 years.
- Operations Management: Supervised two contractors as well as work of other techs from HQ.
Allen Institute of Brain Sciences, 2004
- Leadership: Built a technology department from scratch, quickly learning sophisticated specialty equipment and hiring staff in under a year to support high-profile senior scientists.
Vulcan, Inc. Corporate, 2000 - 2003
- Technology Project Management: Coordinated a combined team of seven people to execute a company-wide hardware and software upgrade to Windows XP on 4000 computers over three months, achieving a major success on-time and under budget with no disruption to 550 users.