Typography ·Logo and Identity design · Package design · Ad design ·Creating mock-ups and presentations for packaging ·Page layout · Photo retouching · Setting up files for offset printing · Computer Illustration
Platforms: Mac OS/PC
Applications: Adobe CS5 (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, HTML/CSS, Flash)
3D StudioMax, Microsoft Office Suite.
Fluent in English & Spanish
As an ex-patriot Senior Graphic Designer currently working in Barcelona, Spain, my extensive experience includes positions as Direct Marketing Manager/Retention Manager as well as Web Designer. I am highly organized and adept at trafficking projects and meeting tight deadlines. I strive to push the limits in concepts and executions and work closely with marketing teams to execute brands over multiple platforms to create unique customer/brand experiences. I have well-honed skills for online accessibility, usability and SEO issues as well as experience in dealing with multi-faceted cross browser issues. I also have experience in building HTML templates for business and consumer driven sites and email campaigns. I am currently seeking opportunities to challenge and continue to grow my skills both in management and design.
Jul 2007 - Dec 2010
Manager / Senior Graphic Designer
- Promoted to international marketing office in Barcelona, Spain as first hired to build and manage the International Online Retention Creative Team.
- Hired, created and developed current team of 12 Sr. Designers, Jr. Designers and Production Artists.
- Independently leads and educates others on the use of composition color, layout, typography to produce quality design for clientele spanning 120+ countries.
- Utilizes strategy briefs and art direction to build effective fact based design for online direct marketing to increase revenue.
- International office efforts directly resulted in a 43% revenue increase over 3 years.
- Educates other departmental teams on a regular basis with regard to the principles of direct marketing, direct response advertising and other new media alternatives.
2006 - 2007
Web Graphic Designer
- Designed user interface to maximized sale goals across international markets for global online retailer offering high quality promotional products and marketing services.
- Maintained team design processes, consistency and helped formalize online product standards.
- Appropriately balanced business goals and consumer goals when designing product, web interfaces and product marketing communications.
- Advocated the principles of direct marketing, direct response advertising and how they apply in online channels.
2003 - 2006
- Interned and hired as salary designer for Boston based marketing and communications firm.
- Supported for teams assigned to corporate identity, strategic planning, brand development, advertising and design, media services, research, and production.
- Worked on team with specific projects such as rebranding of online MSNBC and Davox/Concerto Software.
Manager Development Program, Vistaprint
Company structure program to develop business strategy tools including but no limiting to: assessment of employee growth, mediation for departmental conflict, team - focused development, evaluative resource assessment.