The position of Learning Resource Center Associate has, responding to the school district mission statement, Excellence Without Exception, implemented an activity-rich learning resource center program that incorporates common core learning standards, reflects 21st Century teaching and learning skills, supports community connections and advocates for ongoing development. Through initiative, innovation and thoughtful implementation, program components have been elevated to maximize engagement, impact and outcomes.
LRC Environment: Responsible for establishing, maintaining and supervising an accessible, attractive and activity-rich learning resource center.
- Library/Computer Lab Renovation & Design Project
- Automation Project
- Flexible Scheduling (Staff - Classes - Volunteers)
- Dynamic Displays
- Interactive/Hands-On Centers, Activities & Projects
- Technology Curriculum: Responsible for facilitating student technology curriculum. Resources are provided through web-based software programs, internet sites, extension projects, learning centers and activities.
Information Literacy: Serve as staff and student resource for discussions, lessons, activities and projects that support information literacy scaffolds and skills.
- Dewey Decimal Classification System
- Internet Search Engines & Strategies
- BIG6 Research Process
- Research & Inquiry Projects
- Primary - Discover Hermit Crabs: Fiction & Nonfiction Sources
- Intermediate - Pumpkin Information Stations
Reading Incentives: Responsible for developing the LRC as a strong provider and supportive partner for building-based and community-linked literacy programs.
- Book Talks - Genre Focus - Read Alouds - Book Check-out Centers
- BookFlix: Online Literacy Resource (eBooks)
- Picture Books to Model: Reading Comprehension & Writing Strategies
- PTO Family Literacy Events
- Community Connections: Public Library Events & Partnerships
- Assessment Testing: Administer computer based & paper/pencil assessments and achievement tests. Update, manage & import student information into database, generate reports and goal-setting sheets, train additional proctors, reinforce test taking strategies and maintain ideal testing environment.
- Instructional Software: Build assignments and learning paths for individual students, entire classes and intervention/enrichment groups based on assessment testing results, projected academic growth and specific instructional needs.
LRC as Linking Resource: Promote the LRC as a linking resource; providing access, support and integration of outlying district programs, resources and interventions.
- Common Core Standards: Target Concepts - Centers - LRC Curriculum
- Reading & Math RTI Programs
- Enrichment Programs - Character Education -Tutoring - Homework Help
LRC Website: Responsible for establishing and maintaining an informative, interactive and current communication platform and educational tool.
- HOME: Learning Resource Center East Elementary School
Collection Development: Responsible for material selection, weeding, replacement and inventory. Relevancy requires remaining up-to-date on current book reviews, technology resources and best practices through; trade journals, websites, webinars, workshops, networking and professional affiliations.
- Collection Development Tool: TITLEWAVE
- Illinois Computing Educators (ICE)
- Illinois School Library Association (ISLMA)
Material Cataloging & Processing: Responsible for cataloging, processing, repair and maintenance of LRC materials and equipment.
- Library Management Software: Destiny 10.1
- Repair Station: Student & Adult Volunteer Staffing
- Circulation Services: Responsible for all lending services; material check-out, holds and reservations, patron registration, record keeping, fine collection and electronic resources.