Jul 2015 - Present
Jun 2014 - Jul 2015
Administrative Assistant Teaching & Learning
Round Lake School District 116
Aug 2013 - Jun 2014
Library Media Assistant
Sep 2004 - Present
Learning Resource Center Associate
Zion School District 6
The position of Learning Resource Center Associate has, responding to the school district mission statement, Excellence Without Exception, implemented an activity-rich learning resource center program that incorporates common core learning standards, reflects 21st Century teaching and learning skills, supports community connections and advocates for ongoing development. Through initiative, innovation and thoughtful implementation, program components have been elevated to maximize engagement, impact and outcomes.
LRC Environment: Responsible for establishing, maintaining and supervising an accessible, attractive and activity-rich learning resource center.
- Library/Computer Lab Renovation & Design Project
- Automation Project
- Flexible Scheduling (Staff - Classes - Volunteers)
- Dynamic Displays
- Interactive/Hands-On Centers, Activities & Projects
- Technology Curriculum: Responsible for facilitating student technology curriculum. Resources are provided through web-based software programs, internet sites, extension projects, learning centers and activities.
Information Literacy: Serve as staff and student resource for discussions, lessons, activities and projects that support information literacy scaffolds and skills.
- Dewey Decimal Classification System
- Internet Search Engines & Strategies
- BIG6 Research Process
- Research & Inquiry Projects
- Primary - Discover Hermit Crabs: Fiction & Nonfiction Sources
- Intermediate - Pumpkin Information Stations
Reading Incentives: Responsible for developing the LRC as a strong provider and supportive partner for building-based and community-linked literacy programs.
- Book Talks - Genre Focus - Read Alouds - Book Check-out Centers
- BookFlix: Online Literacy Resource (eBooks)
- Picture Books to Model: Reading Comprehension & Writing Strategies
- PTO Family Literacy Events
- Community Connections: Public Library Events & Partnerships
- Assessment Testing: Administer computer based & paper/pencil assessments and achievement tests. Update, manage & import student information into database, generate reports and goal-setting sheets, train additional proctors, reinforce test taking strategies and maintain ideal testing environment.
- Instructional Software: Build assignments and learning paths for individual students, entire classes and intervention/enrichment groups based on assessment testing results, projected academic growth and specific instructional needs.
LRC as Linking Resource: Promote the LRC as a linking resource; providing access, support and integration of outlying district programs, resources and interventions.
- Common Core Standards: Target Concepts - Centers - LRC Curriculum
- Reading & Math RTI Programs
- Enrichment Programs - Character Education -Tutoring - Homework Help
LRC Website: Responsible for establishing and maintaining an informative, interactive and current communication platform and educational tool.
- HOME: Learning Resource Center East Elementary School
Collection Development: Responsible for material selection, weeding, replacement and inventory. Relevancy requires remaining up-to-date on current book reviews, technology resources and best practices through; trade journals, websites, webinars, workshops, networking and professional affiliations.
- Collection Development Tool: TITLEWAVE
- Illinois Computing Educators (ICE)
- Illinois School Library Association (ISLMA)
Material Cataloging & Processing: Responsible for cataloging, processing, repair and maintenance of LRC materials and equipment.
- Library Management Software: Destiny 10.1
- Repair Station: Student & Adult Volunteer Staffing
- Circulation Services: Responsible for all lending services; material check-out, holds and reservations, patron registration, record keeping, fine collection and electronic resources.
Oct 1992 - May 1996
Production Design Associate
From initial design and development phases to final delivery and installation phases; worked closely with clients, showroom staff, designers, architects, contractors, suppliers, tradespeople and marketing personnel on a wide variety of furniture, design and advertising projects.
- Product & Project Design/Catalog/Marketing Associate: Responsible for residential and commercial standard product, custom furniture and interior design accounts. Tradeshow involvement. Special event planning. Product catalog.
- Product & Project Inventory/Production/Shipping Associate: Responsible for specifying, selecting, receiving and inventory of fabricating materials. Established production schedules and timelines. Maintained rigid quality control standards. Facilitated product shipping and delivery.
- Administrative Assistant/Office Manager: Responsible for complete customer service and day-to-day office operations.
Apr 1986 - Jun 1992
Cafe Spiaggia Supervisor
Working in the restaurant field provided a flexible work schedule that allowed pursuing a degree in design, at the same time provided; valuable insight into customer service relations, the opportunity to develop management skills and exposure to a rich culinary region and refined dining style.
- Management: Cafe Spiaggia Supervisor
- Customer Service: Hostess, Maitre'd, Reservationist
- Food, Beverage and Wine Service: Front Waiter, Team Captain, Bartender
Aug 1990 - May 1993
Associate of Applied Science
Harrington College of Design
Aug 1983 - May 1984
University of Illinois at Chicago
Aug 1981 - May 1982
Northern Illinois University
Working in the public school system has provided countless opportunities to utilize an entire inventory of personal, professional and creative skills and experiences. Management, motivation, customer service, collaboration, space planning, innovation, community service, design, productivity and accountability have all been used as vehicles to successfully navigate and significantly enhance public school culture, expectations and programming. These foundation skills and experiences, integrated most recently into the position of learning resource center associate and combined with the standards, policies and practices found in public education, outlines for businesses, organizations and institutions an individual committed to professionalism, comfortable with challenges, focused on development and not deterred by the demands of implementation.
Residential & Commercial Design
- Space Planning
- Drafting - Rendering
- Furniture Design - Exhibit, Display & Set Design
- Material Selection - Specification - Inventory
Technology & Computers
- PC/MAC Platforms: Desktops - Laptops - ipads
- Microsoft Office: Word - Publisher - PowerPoint - Excel - Outlook
- Visual Communication: Presentation & Curriculum Tools
- Digital Apps: Reflecting Bloom's Taxonomy
- Peripherals: SMART Boards - Audio Visual Equipment - Copiers/Printers - iTV
- Strong Communication/Collaboration Skills
- Press Releases
- Programming Literature
Fundraising & Special Events
- Event Chairperson
- Family Rest Area & Raffle: Community Outreach Concept
- Armitage Academy: Annual Fund Auction
- Event Organizer
- Picnic in Paris: French Language Department Fundraiser
- Hug-a-Bug: Student Council Fundraiser
- Event Chairperson
Bureau of Education Research
- Strengthening Your School Library Program
- Connecting Boys to Books: Activities & Strategies that Engage Boys in Literacy
- 21st Century Strategies for Strengthening Your School Library Program
North Suburban Library System (RAILS)
- Peggy Sharp: What's New in Children's Books
- Demco: Material Repair Workshop
Zion School District 6, Zion-Benton High School, Zion Benton Public Library
- Professional Development Committees
- Connecting Programs: Electronic Resources - Teen Read Week - Monarch Award
- North Suburban Library System (RAILS)
- Google Group: Zion-Benton Library Staff
Lake County Health Department
- Alcohol & Tobacco Awareness Program
Old Town School of Folk Music, Chicago Park District, Alderman Schulter's Office
- Chicago Folk & Roots Festival: Special Olympics TREC Family Rest Area
Bank One, International Cycling Classic, Kenosha YMCA, City of Kenosha
- Food, Folks & Spokes: Armitage Academy Family Rest Area & Information Kiosk
zionARTSPACE2, Zion School District 6, City of Zion
- Concept Proposal