Senior Manager, Corporate Development
Friends of Cancer Research
Direct Corporate fundraising
- Cultivate local businesses and corporate conglomerates with interest in oncology advancements, association partnerships, and giving monetary support from $1,000 to $100,000.
- Manage donors with three asks per year generally raising $30,000 to $50,000 annually from individuals.
- Maintain a working and philanthropic relationship with cancer center donations, associations gifts and membership dues generating from $1,000 to $10,000 from organizations with similar missions
- Manage all corporate giving donations via direct communication, letters, tax information, online, and written applications.
- Consider capable donors at receptions, cocktail parties, association meetings, as well as other social events.
- Maintain relationships with frequent contact, touching base with phone calls, mailings, email and 30% travel.
Create Fundraising Initiatives
- Designed holiday appeals for individual friends of the association.
- Created new spring and reception solicitations and invitations, including mailing lists.
- Completed in-house mailings and cultivation initiatives
- Update and maintain all database information: updates, donor tracking, etc.
Strategize Weekly with Staff
- Involve all other departments in editing of my work, decision making or with connections with a donor.
- Participate with most facets of this small nonprofit including marketing and science policy.
- Organize and plan our annual reception including site visits, planner meetings, sponsorship opportunities
- Decide on menus, invitations, and guest management, and budget; including complimentary invitations and extra incentives.
- Aiding in donor research, data entry and special projects
- Enter all donations into our database for full comprehension of dollars coming in; manage entries, etc.
- Balancing Donor Development overhead and donations.
- Forecast next fiscal year’s budget and goals.