Aug 1984 - May 1987
Bachelor of Science
My former jobs were survival jobs, but I realize it was time to change my focus and look for a career.
Volunteer Experience. Worked in several hospitals while pursuing a degree in health care; they include Lake Forest Hospital, Lake Forest,IL( candy striper) and Saint Therese Hospital, Waukegan, IL( physical therapy) and at Lincoln General, Lincoln, Ne.( Host for ICU).
Community Service. Participated in the Oregon Literacy Program teaching others to read. Acted as host to afternoon concert events at Multnomah County Library. Finally delivered meals to shut ins for Neighborhood House, Portland, Oregon.
- Twelve years combined laboratory experience as a medical technologist. Highly adaptable at learning new procedures and techniques, ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Seven years working in clinical microbiology for private reference laboratory.
- Four years working in a clinical cytogenetics laboratory, analyzing prenatal chromosomes for a large hospital.
- Less then one year working in a research laboratory as an aid to the main researcher.
- One year as a caregiver in an assited living facility.