Technical Illustrator II
Primary function was the development of Operational Method Sheets (OMS) to be used as graphical guides for the manufacturing of robotic equipment to ensure repeatability of the manufacturing process, increase consistency and reduce the percentage of customer "out-of-box" inspection rejections.
Results: Out-of-box rejections where significantly reduced. Customer satisfaction and product reliability improved.
- Breaking down the steps for assembly of complex components into neat, visually accurate and clear steps.
- Reading and interpreting wiring schematics, mechanical drawings, and manufacturing processes.
- Understanding manufacturing theories involved in Lean Manufacturing and Demand Flow, in order to ensure my documentation complied.
- Collaborating with engineering and manufacturing designers.
- Writing ECOs and BOM structures for my documentation through the use of Oracle Agile PDM database.
- Merging digital photography, with original vector and raster images.
- Development and design of educational media materials for the purpose of teaching "Demand Flow Technology" (DFT) method of manufacturing consisting of more than 2,000 fully animated PowerPoint slides.
- Trained and mentored new illustrators on the theory of DFT and how to create the OMS documents established working practices that allowed the illustrators to create documents with a unified look and feel.
- Designed the manufacturing operational calendar.
- Researched new software and design concepts.
PhotoShop, Paint Shop Pro, Adobe FrameMaker, Pro-Engineer, MS Office Suite, SolidWorks concepts of Demand Flow Technology.