Energetic and results-oriented manager with experience leading projects in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and within budget. Detail-oriented with excellent leadership and interpersonal skills. Skilled problem-solver and proven ability to improve business operations. Highly motivated and a fast learner.
2010 - Present
- Co-managed Hyphen's first-ever Los Angeles fundraising event and San Francisco Bittersweet Issue Release event, successfully yielding over 40% of quarter profits.
- Leads branding sub-committee for Events committee at Hyphen.
- Foster partnerships and lead teams of volunteers in outreach efforts, often requiring working closely with performers, companies, and community organizations, such as the Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival.
- Motivated and mobilized staff on several events-related projects, including marketing and event operation efforts.
- Headed-recruiting efforts, prioritizing needs of 7 director-level staff by yielding 60% growth of staff and improving overall staff retention.
2010 - 2011
- Worked with attorneys to manage and implement marketing projects, including announcement of law firm name change.
- Lead production of firm website, writing and copyediting content and overseeing look and design with vendors.
- Wrote reports on potential business prospects and identified key companies to partner with.
- Organized and maintained complex client database of over 11,000 entries, tracking client information, communication, and internal memos.
2007 - 2009
- Worked with clients representing Fortune 500 companies to distill key case themes for trial presentation and graphics, including a legal malpractice case that resulted in a $17 million judgment and a class action case with a verdict that resulted in $105 million.
- Effectively planned and executed projects from beginning to end for both complex and high profile cases; consistently received positive feedback from clients, partners, and staff.
- Conceptualized graphic ideas and created budget estimates for clients.
- Created detailed roadmaps for cases, prioritizing responsibilities daily while tracking budget, managing staff, and working cross-functionally with other departments within the company.
- Spearheaded research and implementation of efficient inter-office communication, saving over $115,000 annually.
- Organized and prepared internal reports, performed research for attorneys.
- Cite checked drafts of attorney briefs, assisted with court filings.
- Distributed case updates to attorneys on ongoing cases.
2002 - 2005
Oxford University, Study Abroad: Participated in tutorial sessions regarding international media policies with Dr. Damian Tambini.
Classes: Copyright Law, Trade Secret Law, Business Organizations
1997 - 1999
Research Apprenticeship: Researched articles for Dr. Kamilla Elliott in the English department, planned and presented film screening events for survey research purposes.
Activities: Pilipino-American Student Services, Pilipino-American literary magazine Maganda, Pilipino Cultural Night