- Passionate about social media with 3 years of experience in digital marketing and copywriting.
- Raised visibility and increased customer engagement for brands such as American Shipper Magazine, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Marketing Werks.
- Monitored conversions across digital channels using Moz, Google Analytics, and Hootsuite.
- Ran cross promotions on Twitter, Facebook, and niche blogs for over 15 authors including New York Times bestselling authors Jennifer Estep and Callie Hutton.
- Served as writer and media strategist for American Shipper, publishing articles popular with readers and consistent with company voice.
- Understanding the importance of social listening, very adept at relationship building with influencers.
- Able to do keyword research and create SEO-friendly websites using WordPress, and/or HTML and CSS.
Mar 2013 - Present
- Served as writer and media strategist for American Shipper, consistently publishing articles popular with readers and consistent with company voice.
- Developed a strategic marketing plan that revamped online social media and website design.
- Suggestions increased engagement and revenue earned from a 20% increase in impressions in a 2 month period from March 2015-April 2015.
- Redesign allowed for an increase in ad space sold on the homepage, from 3 to 7.
- Maintained high level of accuracy of less than .03 error rating when it came to analyzing shipping data and keeping the database updated with the latest information.
- Using logic and math skills, made predictions in the market that helped American Shipper maintain status of leading provider of shipping data.
Jan 2012 - Present
Copywriter and Social Media Manager (Freelance)
- Acquired clients for freelance social media management and copywriting opportunities.
- Conducted social listening using Hootsuite and Tweetdeck.
- Revamped website, increasing daily visitation from 10 to 60 over a month and a half through SEO, guest blogging, and posting in forums.
- Analyzed conversion rates across digital channels using Google Analytics and Hootsuite.
- Developed keyword and link building strategies using Moz.
- Stayed organized and consistent with an editorial content calendar.
Jun 2011 - Jan 2012
- PLS Logistics Account Executive ranked top five in sales class Sept. 2011.
- Increased personal sales $15,000 in one month by launching an email marketing campaign, working late hours and exceeding outbound calls for 4 weeks straight in Oct. 2011.
- Managed accounts and stayed organize using Salesforce, Outlook, and a transportation management system.
- Increased team’s overall sales by $32,000 a month by branching into new markets. This resulted in 2 new closed accounts on average for each team member.
- Oversaw the entire sales process from open to close, negotiated deals that maintained a consistent margin of 30 percent or more.
Before taking on position worked as a store manager at Mattress Firm handling store budgets ranging from $50,000-$100,000. Maintained a 95% customer satisfaction rating in role.
Sep 2008 - Dec 2010
- Strengthened VOV’s voice and brand recognition by overhauling the non-profit's communications. Redesigned the brochures, ads, and logos.
- Wrote 8 press releases, held 2 press conferences and got stories regularly placed in The Independent Florida Alligator and The Gainesville Sun.
- Doubled VOV’s annual fundraising revenue through guerilla marketing.
- In order to stay in budget while still expanding target market from primarily women to include men, partnered with non-profits to increase the number of events from 4 to 10.