Shelter Island Medical Group
Work Comp. Coordinator
- Schedule appointments and registered patient demographics.
- Distributed sample pharmaceuticals as prescribed.
- Precisely completed and forward all required claims paperwork with all supporting documentation.
- Explain any modifications including restrictions of job duties.
- Obtain insurance adjuster information for new claims or referrals if needed.
- Managed various general office duties such as answering multiple telephone lines, faxing and sending emails, scanned documentation and entered into the database.
- Correctly coded and billed medical claims for various employers and insurance companies.
- Accurately posted and sent out all medical claims.
- Submitted electronic/paper claims documentation in a timely manner.
- Responded to correspondence from insurance companies.
- Managed billing invoice statements.
- Meticulously identified and rectified inconsistencies, deficiencies and discrepancies in medical documentation.
- Reviewed medical records for completeness and filed records in alphabetic and numeric order.
- Assisted with receptionist duties, file organization, verifying patients' eligibility and claims status with insurance agencies.
- Created daily cash reports for bank deposits.