Currently seeking an opportunity where I can utilize my administrative operations skills and human resouces experience in an office/organization that will utilize my computer knowledge, strong people skills, organizational abilities, and business experience.
HR Professional with 9 years of Human Resources Operations experience that includes 3 years of systems/process improvement experience and 6 years of administrative/operations support.I also have 2 years of management experience in the purchasing area.Extensive experience in human resource benefits administration, related company policies, project management, compliance, training facilitation/curriculum/communication, systems analysis & design, process development/improvement/documentation, call center & employee helpdesk.Flexible, strong organizational skills, proven ability to work in a diverse and fast-paced environment with a high degree of quality and integrity. Strong computer skills, particularly using Microsoft office products including Word, PowerPoint, Excel,Access, GDW/BRIO, Web Money, Monet systems, Tigers, SAP HR, SAP Finances, Compass,Click XG, Windows, ENET, Quicken, ADP training, Kronos, Red Carpet and has the flexibility to learn new or ‘in house’ software.
Jan 2006 - Mar 2009
HR Operations Specialist
System Support/HR Consulting/Training/Metrics and Reporting
- HR lead and liaison to IT and regions for multiple SAP applications (Systems Applications & Products).
- Facilitated communication of and resolution to systems and process issues.Project Managed tasks for key technology projects.Partnered with subject matter experts to optimize processes and systems integration. Participated in the yearly corporate audit and compliance projects.
- Projects: SAP Human Capital Management (HCM) system implementation & SAP system upgrade.
- Consulted/provided ongoing knowledge transfer on application usage.Developed and deployed training materials. Served as a train the trainer to all employees (globally).
- Developed and produced official corporate-level reports (census, personnel transactions, span & layers).
- Worked directly with the vendors for system solutions and new contracts/renewing contracts.
- Served as HR liaison to Freescale’s HR call center. Conducted agent training.
- Served as HR liaison to our payroll department and legal organization.Served on the HR Policy Committee Board.Served as HR liaison for our unemployment claims and Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Nov 1999 - Jan 2006
Human Resources Coordinator
- Communicated and implemented HR programs (salary planning, stock option planning, workforce reductions, performance management, workforce planning, retention plans) to managers and employees.
- Managed extensive employee and labor relations management to include educating employees and managers with Policy and Procedure, Medical and Dental, 401k and Retiree benefits.
- Facilitated retiree/employee sessions related to the new benefits program/open enrollment. Employee and retiree consultation. Actively involved in all phases of setting up the companies first “build a plan” health coverage. Conducted brainstorming sessions to develop solutions for improving employee/retiree medical services. Served as HR liaison on behalf of employees/retirees to work with our medical vendors and helping them with medical claims and appeals. Basic understanding of CPT (procedure codes) & DRG (diagnosis codes).
- Utilized well-developed problem solving and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collect data about performance at the individual, team and organizational level and design interventions to enhance performance.
- Influencing and coaching managers and employees in resolving employee relations issues.
- Developed and implemented HR policies and procedures; created and maintained employee handbook.
- Assisted in recruitment, hiring of professional staff and the internship program.
- Facilitated employee exit interviews and at times communicated improvement plans.
- COMPASS, SAP, Tigers, Kronos and Monet administrator for HR team.
- Managed travel expenses and purchasing for the HR department. Managed front desk employee walk-up traffic for HR related questions. Managed three HR executive’s calendars, phones and email.
- Multi-tasked in administrative duties: meeting planning, database management, multi-line phones, scheduling, presentations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoices, office management, inventory control, purchasing, facilities maintenance, document preparation.
Feb 1996 - Oct 1999
- Demonstrated leadership in facilitation of team meetings. Supervised two account coordinators in the purchasing and equipment department.
- Motivated staff by providing environment conducive to open communication and opportunities for professional development.
- Developed the purchasing equipment department for three new food chain concepts. Managed an equipment territory that brought in $450,000.00 a month.
- Managed all new accounts.
Aug 1991 - Dec 1995
Bachelor of Science
(formally Southwest Texas State University)