Interested in early-stage startups as well as companies "on the bubble."
Insurance executive with broad experience in all aspects of general management. Direct experience with financial services (insurance and banking) distribution networks. Proven Capabilities to start up and build the business from the scratch.
- Distribution Network Management
- Insurance Products Marketing
- New Product Introduction
- Business Development
- General Management and BU Management
- Early-stage startups
Lorenzo is a keen private pilot, scuba diver and skier, and enjoys aviation and military history.
Mar 2006 - Present
Amministratore Delegato e Direttore Generale
Bentos Assicurazioni based in Milan, was established on March 2006. It has been authorized to operate by ISVAP on January 2007.The company activity is non-life insurance (Creditor Protection Insurance, Accident and Sickness, Property and Liability) and the related reinsurance.
- Responsible for starting-up the company.
Main results (x .000 €):2007 Earned Premiums €. 11.712 Profit before Taxation €. 212008 Earned Premiums €. 17.993 Profit before Taxation €. 2.1312009 Earned Premiums €. 19.612 Profit before Taxation €. 2.909In less than 3 years Bentos Assicurazioni has achieved the top 10 rank on unemployment cover related to CPI (Creditor Protection Insurance).Bentos Assicurazioni has achieved in 2009 the top scoring in the Non Life Chart, annualy edited by Milano Finanza MF newspaper, in terms of profitability with the 2nd place on Claims Earned/Premiums Earned and 3rd on Claims Paid/Net Premiums.
Other positions within the Group:River Holding SpA - Financial Holding (Registered in section of the art. 113 D.Lgs. 1/9/1993 n. 385 TULB by Ufficio Italiano Cambi)
Board Member (from April 2007 to November 2009)Deputy Chairman (from May 2009 to November 2009)Kelp Srl - Insurance Agency
(RUI Registration Nr A000241854)
Chairman of the Board (from April 2009 to November 2009)
Oct 2004 - Mar 2006
Head of Insurance
Financial holding which coordinates and manages the business development of five banking and financial companies (Plusvalore, Carifin, Sedicibanca, Detto Factor and Eunice Sim) particularly in the retail banking and consumer credit sector.
- Responsible for giving a strong impulse to the Insurance business, defining marketing strategies and main goals to work on.
- Active involvement in elaborating and implementing commercial strategies finalized to diversify the offer of Insurance services.
- Planning of all activities concerning business development.
- Analysis of the Company portfolio and qualitative re-positioning in terms of profitability and potentials of development.
- Active involvement in defining strategies for training and remuneration of distribution networks.
- Project Leader for captive Insurance Company set up in compliance with EU framework documents and ISVAP directives (Setting-up, Organisation and Operation, Technical Reserves, Business Plan).
- Involvement in the activities of trading associations concerning insurance business (ANIA, Assofin).
Jan 2000 - Oct 2004
Business Development Manager
GE Financial Insurance
- Search for new market opportunities.
- Identify market trends for creditor insurance, including new product opportunities and developing products that have the potential to meet client opportunities.
- Keep up to date with the company's products, clients, changes within the market place and new products introduced.
- Identify new distribution channels and prospective new business / clients.
- Definition of the pricing process in co-operation with the HQ Risk Dept. in relation to specific needs of the Italian market.
- Manage client relationship and ensure client satisfaction according to standards of service agreed.
- Draft, agree and achieve an annual business plan for the client/s, including the development and presentation of formal business proposals.
- Personal budgetary responsibility relating to business plan.
- Monitor the performance of client schemes including sales and marketing methods, results penetration and claims trends analysis.
- Develop Cross Selling opportunities within GE.
- Ensure new business is launched within Product Management Guidelines.
- Develop proactively the training & marketing strategies in order to achieve the expected results from the new business launched.
- Co-ordinate activities with internal GE Financial Insurance teams (in particular Actuarial, Legal, Finance, Marketing).
- Active support to GE Mortgage Insurance for their approach and start up on Italian Financial Market.
Major Finalized Deals: Egida-Sanpaolo IMI, Fiat Sava, Finemiro
Dec 1995 - Jan 2000
Cardif (BNP Paribas Group)
- Responsible for relationship with the major clients as well as responsible for developing new business (97-99)
- Responsible for the launch of Creditor Protection Insurance project in Italy especially in automotive Finance Houses market. (97)
- Responsible for developing business, new Prospects and existing Clients (95-96)
Finalized Deals: FinRenault (Finanziamento Protetto) and GMAC-Opel (Scelta Opel)
Dec 1994 - Nov 1995
Sales Manager - Business Travel
Planetours - Nouvelles Frontières
- Responsible for start-up of business travel structure leveraging NF low fares built for "price sensitive" clients and transferring them to an high quality offer for "time sensitive" clients
Dec 1992 - Nov 1994
Sales Promoter - Trade Marketing
- Responsible for the development of Milan Area