To secure a position in a forward thinking company willing to invest in passionate employees.
- Winner: CNW Group Excellence in Writing Award
- Winner: Optimum Public Relations Creativity Challenge 2010
- Finalist: Cohn & Wolfe Chariman Award 2010
- Letter from the Dean, Humber College
Jan 2010 - Present
- Assisted with event planning and committee meetings.
- Produced programs, support materials and e-newsletters.
- Managed several databases and kept meeting minutes organized.
Member of volunteer Media and Promotion Team
Feb 2010 - Present
Media Relations Coordinator
- Developed media plan, press release and targeted media list.
- Wrote donor request, thank-you letters and web copy.
- Improved event brand awareness through consistent messaging.
Mar 2012 - Present
Manager, Events & Stakeholder Relations
- Execution of all events including five Speakers Series annually.
- Management of all aspects of ENERGYCONFERENCE13, the OEA's annual conference.
- Management of all logistics for 10ENERGYGALA, a celebration of the OEA's decade of success.
- Responsible for all event logistics from start to finish, pre and post-event communications and tracking budgets.
- Outreach to and tracking of all sponsors, speakers and vendors.
Apr 2010 - Present
- Created press release and media alert.
- Distributed materials to strategically targeted local media.
- Connected and followed-up with journalists.
May 2011 - Dec 2011
Communications & Public Affairs Coordinator
- Conducted research and strategic planning for the community involvement program.
- Organized and executed employee events and internal promotion including design of an events intranet page.
- 2011 CIBC Run for the Cure team captain - record amount of donations.
- Created press releases, media alerts, media lists, industry articles, newsletters, communication plans and award submissions as needed.
Electricity Today - Three Questions with Toronto Hydro (pg 43)
Jan 2011 - Apr 2011
· Monitored traditional and digital media and created weekly and monthly reports.
· Created and posted daily intranet and internal television content.
· Liaised with different departments and the graphic designer to create posters, pay attachments and other internal program collateral.
Jan 2010 - Mar 2010
Food and Beverage Committee
- Liased with vendors to plan a reception menu for 60 people.
- Planned a creative menu to highlight the theme, eARTh Matters.
- Approved all BEOs after ensuring clarity of expectations.
Sep 2008 - Present
- PR and Business Writing
- Communications Planning
- Market Research and Marketing for PR
- Electronic Publishing
- Special Event Theory and Execution
- Fundraising and PR in Non Profits
- Media Relations and Public Affairs
- Presentation Skills and Public Speaking
- Corporate and International PR