Vice President / Principal Civil Engineer
Chosen to spearhead expansion of the civil engineering practice of the firm, leveraging contacts, reputation, and new design technologies and capabilities to meet strategic corporate goals of market penetration and revenue.
Develop new corporate image and improved web presence. Expand client base and secure contracts in educational and commercial markets. Establish strategic peer alliance and expand pool of consultants for “scalable” project staffing without additional hiring. Implement new marketing and business development systems.
- Technology implementation: Select, implement, and apply latest CAD and modeling software packages (AutoCAD, Civil3D, Revit) in implementation of BIM. Organize CAD and BIM training. Implement CAD and general computer file management standards, to improve the production process.
- Technical guidance: Proponent of responsible engineering, develops unique and efficient technical solutions, saving thousands of dollars for clients, securing smoother approvals and eliminating construction delays and back charges form contractors.
- Representative projects:
- Siren Studios: Large expansion of the studio on Sunset Blvd; Complete renovation of the Technicolor building, two new feature stages over automated parking for 300 cars. Over $ 75 M
- SMC-PAC: Performance Arts Center expansion as part of Santa Monica College campus modernization; 2 story building, plaza, public improvements: over $ 14 M
- The Savannahs: The first multifamily residential development in Los Angeles to utilize automated parking system. 5 story building over underground car storage: over $ 12 M
- Gibson Amphitheater: VIP expansion of the theater in Universal Studios, Hollywood including internal and external plazas, new elevated event deck, controlled access, ADA: over $ 4 M