Headquarters Finance & Planning Professional
Results achievingFinancial Manager with significant experience providing analysis and budgetary guidance for global fortune 500 company including variance analysis, forecasting and project management. Proven expertise in defining,assisting and closing business solutions for sales organizations for both hardware/ software and safety distribution industries. Highly effective teamleader with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Sales Negotiation
- Forecasting, Reporting & Analysis
- Strategic Planning/Acquisition
- Process & OperationsImprovement
- Financial Market Analysis
- Internal Financial Controls and Budgeting
IBM CORPORATION HEADQUARTERS FINANCE AND PLANNING : SALES AND DISTRIBUTION,
West Chester, PA
1995 - 2010
Advisory /Lead Geographic Software Pricer(2006-2010)
Directed the Southeast Region Sales and Distribution in the advancement in software revenue covering five states including Puerto Rico. Corporate interface pricer and financial negotiator of complex and multi-year software contracts for fortune 500 companies. Provided analytic and strategic pricing expertise, created and approved technical software contracts, and was the corporate-to-sales interface for IBM software portfolio of over 6,500 software products.
- Closed over $ 90 million of new long term Enterprise License Agreements for Software contracts in fourth quarter 2009 by chairing ad hoc conference calls with sales team and approvers to drive business to a fourth quarter close.
- Successfully closed sales opportunities ranging from $ 10 K to $ 50 (m).
Career Financial seriesHardware Transaction Pricer(2003-2006)
Administered pricing support for the entire Eastern GeographySales and Distribution covering 22 states for both IBM marketing and IBM Business Partners from small to multi-million dollar hardware contracts. Audited other field hardware pricers quarterly.
- Drove Eastern brand sales to obtain 117 % sales revenue plan for 2004/2005. Facilitated weekly ad hoc sales conference calls to focus on internal barriers in closing outside sales business.
- Identified as key director to close large dollar sales deals and engaged correct internal personnel/approvers to close business on timely basis and meet quarterly revenue objectives.
- Managed negotiator, facilitated move within organization.Overall 25%time savings to our pricing group.
Career Financial Expense/Revenue Consolidator (1997-2003)
Responsible for financial support and accounting of expense to IBMSales organization. Managed $ 110 million expense consolidation budget for the General Manager and Chief Financial Officer of the IBMincluding US , Canadaand South America. Created automated individual full year expense budgets for 11 business units directors in the sale organization. Set budgetary policies, precedents, goals ,objectives , regulations and guidelines for the organization.
- Established the strategic overall budget plan utilizing inputs from historical data and individual business units. Designed budgeting/forecasting /discretionary spending targets to drive to under running full year expense plans. Under ran full year Business Partner division budget for three years.
- Under ran 2002 division 10% less than budget..
IBM Business Control Professional(1995 – 1997)
Responsible for financial support for the SAP North America organization. This center installed ERP software applications (SAP, BAAN and JD Edwards) on IBM hardware systems. Created sales and revenue forecasting and expense management of a $ 15 million dollar annual budget for five managing directors. Skilled in execution of approvedoperatingbudget to assure that funds were properly administered and allocated correctly..
- Instrumental in SAP organization for United Statesmaking their revenue target in 1997. Did detailed studies on already billed customer engagements in the internal systems and found additional billable hours that were not billed or claimed correctly by our IT Architects. Found additional $ .5 million of customer billings and was awarded two thousand dollar bonus for my efforts.
AF CARVOLTH & SON, Newtown Square, PA
General Sales Manager
1993 - 1995
Directed sales force that produced three million dollars in sales annually for a safety equipment company. Hired and trained office, sales and warehouse staff for the company. Instrumental in winning back lost customers and was responsible for all aspects of customer satisfaction.
Microsoft Office & Lotus SmartSuite products
Essbase Application Software -Brio and Apex products