Energetic, hands-on self-starter with over 15 years progressive financial oversight, specializing in financial systems, team building, forecasting, fund accounting and job costing. Extensive experience in planning, organizing and controlling corporate analysis and maintenance of accounting, financial, and statistical reports/records to account for financial resources. Demonstrated excellence in training staff and building into diverse yet cohesive teams. Mentor staff and serve as a sounding board for handling accounting issues throughout the responsible enterprises.
May 2004 - Present
Plumb Perfect Plumbing, Inc
Oversee accounting and hiring functions for million-dollar family owned service company.
- Reduce outstanding accounts receivable by $80,000 in first six months.
- Create job costing tracking system and quoting system to increase profit on contracts by 10%.
- Implement financial controls to bring company into GAAP compliance.
- Create cost accounting spreadsheets and increase job profitability by 12%.
- Maintain KPI report that helped owners increase cash flow by 7%.
Apr 2007 - May 2011
Administrative Operations Manager
University of California, Santa Barbara
Direct activities of multi-million dollar governmental department and oversee administrative and financial units, supervising activities and reviewing all accounting and payroll functions.
- Built cross-departmental relationships to secure the return of $1.5million in back-due funding.
- Revamped financial tracking systems that resulted in cutting travel costs by $20,000 and supplies and entertainment costs by over $50,000.
- Implement financial controls and eliminate need for end-of-year cleanup.
- Develop policy and procedure, create and standardize internal controls.
- Create financial reports that helped eliminate downward trend and create positive cash flow for the first time in five years.
- Mange multi-year construction project, coming in over $11,000 under budget for the initial phase, allowing multiple phases to occur with surplus.
Mar 2003 - May 2004
Precision Risk Surveys
Independent insurance inspector verifying details of insurance policies to prevent fraud or lapse.
- Excellent customer service to obtain information from difficult clients.
- Impeccable time management skills to keep 40-60 projects going at any one time and keep policies from lapsing.
2001 - 2002
Pinnacle Art & Frame
- Cost accounting to monitor manufacturing costs and set sale price for retail products.Prepare sales presentations for customers.Increased product placement with five customers.
2000 - 2001
Sales & Service Manager
Pinnacle Art & Frame
- Take over management of 79-person sales team to allow sales manager to focus on company goals.
- Last employee hired before company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.Was one of seven employees out of nearly 500 kept after restructuring.
1999 - 2000
Receptionist/Accounts Payable Clerk
Mesa Vineyard Management
- Maintain accounts payable for five vineyards utilizing fund accounting.Enable management company to take on a sixth vineyard without adding additional administrative staff.
- Perform internal audit to clean up vendor files and maintain 100% accuracy of accounts payable.
- Take over hiring duties for office manager and ensure most qualified applicants were recruited and retained.
1995 - 1999
Rodger L. Martin, Attorney at Law
- As receptionist, handle initial intake and interview of prospective clients.
- Assist in entry of accounting records in accounting software for multiple bookkeeping clients.
- Perform data entry and stock market analysis for attorney, enabling him to grow his portfolio and retire.