Seasoned telecommunications professional with over 25 years of hands-on and management experience. Proven track record of success. Field Program Manager with product evaluation,selection and improvement experience. Dynamic Project Manager with Tier 1 carrier experience. Certified PMP, PMI member in good standing. COMP-TIA Network+ certification . I can function effectively in-office as part of or leading a project team, onsite as Project Manager / troubleshooter, or as a telecommuting employee. I have been the "go-to-guy" for particularly difficult or sensitive situations at many of my previous assignments, with a very high success rate.
- Installed and maintained digital channel bank equipment on customer premises.
- Trained MCI personnel on digital channel bank installation and maintenance.
- Responsible for remote terminal maintenance in Kansas and Missouri.
- Installed and maintained switched and special circuits and equipment in the central office.
- Maintained DMS-250 digital switch
Apr 2006 - Oct 2009
- Project Management for new Voicemail platforms and expansion of existing systems.
- Project Management of voicemail rehome activities and capacity management.
- Coordination of multidepartmental teams using approved project management tools and methodologies
Jun 2005 - Apr 2006
Tek Systems, Inc
- Contractor to Sprint. Wrote Network planning letters, obtained CLLI and Point code information for new major National Platform installations.
- Co-ordinated installation planning and activities.
- Project Management of telecommunications infrastructure for Tier 1 carrier
Apr 1997 - Feb 2005
Field Program Manager
- International and national travel to manage and troubleshoot major account projects and services.
- Managed and planned all large field service / installation projects and personnel.
- Created technical documentation for published equipment operation manuals.
- Created and implemented documentation and forms related to installation, service, and maintenance of communications equipment.
- Provided second-level onsite and remote technical support to Sales, TAC group and customers.
- Specified, selected, and obtained best pricing for test equipment and telecomm supplies.
- Provided technical training to internal personnel and large customers.
- Wrote procedures ( MOP ) and statements of work ( SOW ) for labor at Tier 1 carrier facilities.
Jan 1996 - Apr 1997
- Troubleshooting and repair of network management systems and fiber optic equipment.
- Project Management for building wiring, PABX system trunking and station assignment.
- Created tracking and assignment documentation.
- Specified and selected telecommunications services and equipment, negotiated best pricing.
- Designed and specified equipment for internet provider POP.
Jan 1995 - Dec 1995
Osborn Sound & Communications
- Engineered and specified LAN and telecommunications equipment and supporting hardware for bids to public school boards in SW Florida.
- Selected and managed vendors and negotiated best pricing for both LAN and PDS materials.
- Project and personnel management for installation of ongoing work.
May 1994 - Nov 1994
Manager of Digital Products
- Trade show and customer presentation of emergency cellular backup and remote telecommunications systems.
- Sales of long-distance services and technical support to large corporate accounts.
Jul 1989 - May 1994
Network Control Manager
Intermedia Communications of Florida
- Specified, installed and maintained various mainframe and PC remote management systems.
- Controlled and managed fiber optic network, management systems and CPE.
- Negotiated preferred pricing for NMS, fiber optic equipment, and telecommunications network.
- Directed and managed field forces consisting of both employees and contractors.
Feb 1988 - Jun 1989
Cablevision of Central Florida
- Designed fiber optic network for customer service application.
- Designed, specified and installed fiber optic network for corporate support application.
- Selected and managed vendors of network equipment, obtained preferred pricing.
Mar 1979 - Jun 1985
- Maintained SXS central office and associated equipment
- Maintained and installed special services and associated equipment in the central office
- Maintained digital transmission and FDM equipment in the central office
Feb 2005 - Jun 2005
COMP-TIA Net +
New Horizons Computer Training Center
·Comp/TIA Network +
·Introduction to Cisco Networking Technologies