- National Board Member, Afterschool Alliance, 2007 - Present; Chair, Finance Committee
- Board Member, Central Florida Second Harvest Food Bank, 2007-Present; Secretary and Board Development Committee Chair
- National Board Member, National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications, 2007—Present
- Member, Association of Cable Communicators (formerly CTPAA), 2004—Present
oAppointed Co-Chair, Forum 2008 Annual Conference, June 2007 - April 2008
oMember, ACC Professional Development Committee, 2005—Present
oACC: Member, ACC Creative Outreach/Membership Committee, 2005—Present
- Member, National Society of Hispanic MBAs (NSHMBA), 2004 - Present
- Member, Public Affairs Society of America, 2004—Present
Nov 2004 - Present
Director, Corporate Community Relations
Responsible for designing and implementing strategies and programs that further our overall goals and objectives: to promote our support for education and afterschool programs; link our elected officials to our programs and causes; leverage our investments to provide opportunities for generating earned media; engage our employees; and, leverage industry diversity best practices to ensure our programs and investments meet the needs, and reflect the diversity, of our customers.
- Develop corporate community relations strategies and programs; including brand development, public service announcements, and all collateral promoting the companies community relations activities.
- Manage an investment of over $1 million dollars to Florida Boys and Girls Clubs of America; developed Bright Kids Network program to support Afterschool Programs in Bright House Networks service areas.
- Negotiate over $70K in annual sponsorships from programming networks in support of Public Affairs-related activities.
- Direct a Board Leadership Program that trains executives to serve on non-profit boards, create a bi-annual company-wide newsletter; developed employee recognition programs and volunteer grants program.
- Rebranded the Bright House Networks Star Teacher Awards competition and executive produce an annual awards show for winner.
- Created financial reporting tools to track, forecast, and report department budgets and expenditures.
Jun 1994 - Nov 2004
Assistant Manager, Corporate Responsibility
Responsible for financial reporting and department operations with strong emphasize on tracking and analyzing budgets and expenditures for four departments; maintaining integrity in bookkeeping of corporate foundation spending; managing department through corporate and foundation audits; designing new, and improving existing, department processes focused on technology integration and utilization; creating an internal infustructure for reporting corporate contributions company-wide; and, managing employee philanthropy programs.
- Promoted three times in two years to Assistant Manager of Corporate Responsibility through knowledge and history of department programs and software, relationships with divisions, and reputation as problem solver and top producer.
- Developed and implemented global philanthropy tracking tool (MicroEdge Gifts) across all domestic and international divisions and ensured proper training and support for software.
- Reported more than $55M in charitable cash and in-kind contributions establishing reporting templates and guidelines, and metrics for in-kind valuations.
- Created and directed companywide film festival for employees in major hub cities (Atlanta, D.C., L.A., London, and New York) to showcase company-produced programming, raise visibility, support affinity group programming, and promote cross-divisional collaboration among employees.
- Managed Time Warner Foundation Matching Grant Program; distributed over $2M in contributions to eligible art, cultural, and educational institutions.
- Successfully outsourced the day-to-day management of two employee philanthropic initiatives-the Employee Volunteer Grants and Matching Grant programs.
- Planned, organized, and executed biannual, companywide philanthropy summit engaging 80 executives; developed agenda and managed event.
Oct 2005 - Dec 2007
Master in Business Administration
- Graduated with 3.6 GPA
Sep 2006 - Sep 2006
Certificate of Completion
Geore Washington University
- Attended Cable Television Public Affairs Association—Public Affairs Institute.
- Awarded certificate from the Graduate School of Political Management.
Sep 2002 - May 2004
Certificate of Completion
- Attended seminars in Corporate Community Involvement, including The Institute—Corporate Community Involvement, Evaluation and Measurement, and Strategic Contributions.
- Awarded certificate in Corporate Community Involvement.
Sep 1995 - Jun 1999
Bachelor of Arts
- Studied off-campus and abroad in Los Angeles; Madrid, Spain; and New York City, 1997-1998.
Association of Cable Communicators: Raising Star Award in Communications Achievement
News Clips of Program Launch
From various sources.
From various sources.
Bright House featured for its recent investment.