Discovery Communications is the world’s number one nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.5 billion cumulative subscribers in over 180 countries. Discovery's portfolio is led by the networks Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Science Channel, Planet Green, Investigation Discovery and HD Theater.
In my position as a corporate communications intern, I worked within several specific branches of corporate communications for Discovery including internal and external communications, corporate relations & partnerships, global events, digital communications and government relations.
• Excelled at compiling media coverage reports, press clippings and media lists
• Drafted Globe Quarterly Newsletter stories, press releases, fact sheets and reports
• Event Support Staff (Discovery Channel 25th Anniversary Week, SilverDocs, Shark Week Screening)
• Managed followers on Corporate Twitter account (@DiscoveryComm) and researched bloggers for outreach opportunities
• Researched options and ideas for various projects, events and corporate responsibility initiatives
• Attended and participated in Corp. Comm. team meetings and press strategies meetings; attended executive presentations
• Outlined and pitched creative internal employee event idea to the internal team