READER'S DIGEST ASSOCIATION, INC., 1997 - 2009
Senior Digital Consumer Marketing Manager 2003 - June 2009
Promoted to take on increased responsibility in the digital marketing arena, for this leading on- and off-line publisher. Manage online consumer marketing, with a direct report into division head, for Every Day with Rachael Ray, Reader's Digest, Family Handyman, Selecciones and others.
- Managed one direct report and supervise Creative Director, Copywriter, Fulfillment Manager and IT Project Manager for each marketing campaign. Manage $3.2MM+ revenue target goal.
- Determined all aspects of online marketing, including long- and short-term strategies, creativedevelopment, fulfillment and media negotiations in an effort to grow subscriptions.
- Awarded two "Excellence Awards" and three "Great Performer Awards" for outstanding work onsite launches and for exceeding revenue goals by as much as 80%.
- Conceived of and implement paid search campaigns, site marketing, email marketing, e-newsletters and affiliate marketing.
- Grew RD.com as much as +51%, RachaelRaymag.com +24% and FamilyHandyman.com +45% in year-over-year sales.
- Increased order conversion rate for RD.com by 24% by securing premium placements and incorporating behavioral targeting techniques.
- Managed partnerships with Google and Yahoo! across brands, which generated over 100K paid subscriptions.
- Increased traffic and subscriptions across sites by creating viral marketing concepts with Facebook, Twitter, Sweepstakes.com, Gather.com and others.
- Negotiated all media partnerships, including strategic relationships with Discover Card, American Express, Ivillage, About.com, WebMD, Allrecipes.com and many others.
New Business Online Marketing Manager, Gifts.com | ReadersDigest.com 1999 - 2003
- Managed marketing, budgeting and forecasting for relaunches and new digital endeavors - including Gifts.com (now an IAC property), Rachaelraymag.com and RDHealth.com.
- Evaluated marketing plans and implemented strategies that supported brand growth, acquisitions and audience development for new and revamped sites.
- Led internal and external Web development groups and $2MM budget with a direct line report into the Vice President.
- Collaborated with external agency on 360-degree promotion strategies for sites, including the use of TV, radio, in-book and online media in overall campaign.
- Generated over $1.5MM in portal sales for Gifts.com in first three months by creating successful retail partnerships with AOL Shopping, Yahoo Shopping, Lycos, Excite and others.
- Grew corporate (ReadersDigest.com) email database from 0 to 3MM in size.
- Launched and managed e-commerce initiative - Shop at Home - generating a 30% increase in product sales year over year on RD.com.
- Grew online ad sales revenue 90% (FY 1998) by developing new online sponsorship programs for advertisers.
- Launched and managed www.animaladventures.com engaging kids in interactive activities.
Marketing Associate, DRTV/New Business 1997 - 1998
- Managed outside media and telemarketing agencies on all activities.
- Issued test and rollout DRTV plans, revised scripts, managed inventory reporting and handled product specifications for each commercial.
- Directed operational aspects of each campaign and trained new staff.
- Managed fulfillment processes for this internal production facility used to film commercials touting magazines and continuity products.