CEO and Founder
The Nuancing Group
A marketing consulting firm founded to assist clients in understanding and implementing the nuances of branding and marketing.
Successfully repositioned companies, developed compelling taglines, created new brand names, and implemented new strategies at companies across the United States including Proflowers.com, AMN HealthCare, e-toys.com, and Fair, Isaac. Additional projects:
- Univisión: Created, evaluated, and tested potential brand positionings for the largest Spanish broadcasting company in the world. By recognizing the changing Hispanic landscape in the US, proposed taglines, tones, and messages that are appropriate, compelling, and differentiated.
- Somaxon Pharmaceuticals: One of 3 agencies involved in creating the brand name Silenor – a non-narcotic prescription sleeping drug. Led the name creation component with linguists in multiple countries, conducted foreign language screening, and preliminary trademark review.
- California Coast Credit Union: Spearheaded a shift in marketing strategy beginning with designing the marketing research component (qualitative and quantitative) and culminating in tactical execution.Highlights included changing marketing messages to members in direct response vehicles, revamping interior signage to better brand the branches, and creating an advertising campaign to win share from banks.
- Sharp HealthCare: Provided the “customer’s point of view” in strategic and advertising meetings. Challenged common assumptions about how patients view health care and how they select a physician. Contributions played a role in The Sharp Experience – an internal and external branding campaign.
- Branding and marketing columnist for two years for Entrepreneur magazine; currently a contributing editor and wrote the September cover feature entitled “Secrets of Today’s Hottest Retailers.” Brand Blogger for The Mogul Mom (www.themogulmom.com )