Claims Assistant / Payment Processing
Citizens Property Insurance
- Assist claims support staff by managing the activities of personnel in the claims support unit to include training and development.
- Prepare claim payments with checks for mailing.
- Responsible for documenting all information relevant to the claim process in a clear concise manner and run reports as required.
- Assists Claims Support Manager and Supervisor with special projects.
- Process overnight requests.
- Schedule and organize meetings, and training classes.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining forms, spreadsheets, databases and manuals for department.
- Handle complex issues that arise within department.
- Assists with decision making and organization in relation to support unit.
- Initiate claims in EPAS, Wind and PMSC systems, including wind multi-peril and commercial claims, responsible for processing any updates and changes to claims after they have been reported.
- Assist with claims check processing, reviewing and handling of returned checks by mail.
- Enter claim payments in EPAS, PMSC and Wind systems.
- Interacts with Accounting to initiate check Stop Pay/Void requests.
- Process expense payments to vendors who provide service for Citizens Claims Administrators.
- Responsible for all accounting issues pertaining to expenses as well as problem resolution and communication with outside vendors.
- Monitor communication avenues to support claim payment processes.