Lisa Meyer is a passionate and committed professional with 23 years B2B marketing experience, working in large, multi-national corporations, mid-tier organizations, and small entrepreneurial firms. Her career history has spanned a wide variety of vertical industries and market segments. Career accomplishments include successfully working with top management to strategically align marketing with corporate goals, defining and implementing strategic marketing initiatives, and evaluating and acting on business opportunities that help drive market and revenue growth.
Lisa has a strong ability to understand complex business and technical concepts and translate those into powerful industry solutions and market messages. Lisa is experienced in all facets of strategy development, brand positioning and management, solutions development, market research and analysis, marketing communications, and public relations. This set of competencies has enabled Lisa to critically analyze a market space and identify and develop the solutions that offer the best market opportunities, motivate cross-functional teams to collaborate, and translate strategy into tactical approaches that sets the organization apart and advance's the company's goals.
Lisa's experience covers a range of competencies; including:
- Leveraged specialized skills in rebranding and repositioning organizations to capture broader market opportunity. Rebranding efforts required moving organizations in a new direction, necessitating organizational alignment, buy-in, and collaboration. Rollout efforts have included a wide range of activities: organizational name changes, traditional marketing initiatives (advertising), online/Web 2.0 activities, customer intimacy programs, and public relations.
- Managed primary and secondary research efforts to establish business cases, clarify differentiators, and incorporate the voice of the customer in the development of solutions.
- Launched efforts to identify new market opportunities, facilitated internal processes to achieve consensus, and developed, packaged and brought to market new solutions.
- Led strategic planning efforts, which included segmentation, targeting, and prospect profiling and qualification. Efforts also included the development of key account programs.
- Created differentiated and compelling content and thought leadership, working collaboratively with subject matter experts. Efforts have included developing reports, surveys, business books, conferences, executive forums, and online content (blogs, wikis, Twitter) to promote knowledge and expertise, point of view, and to solidify positioning. To advance market position, co-created content/co-branded materials with Financial Times, Economist Group, Wall Street Journal, Fortune magazine, as well as leading business schools, associations and professional organizations.
- Tied corporate strategy/marketing strategy to tactical demand generating initiatives that included a wide range of marketing activities, including webinars, events, virtual (online) events, interactive marketing, public relations, etc.