Vice President, General Manager
Time Inc, Time Inc. Media Group
Selected by CEO to be a member of the senior management team tasked with redefining and rebuilding Corporate Sales and Marketing, the division responsible for selling print and digital advertising to Time Inc.'s largest clients. Structure advertising deals and manage the implementation of 50+ advertising contracts reflecting over $500 million in advertising billings. Manage a financial and production staff of 20 and a budget of $35 million.
- Reorganized financial staff and created new systems and processes to absorb a 5x increase in work volume with no increase in staff.
- Consolidated advertising and consumer marketing research functions into one organization, saving $500,000
- Evaluated structure of Time Inc.'s custom publishing operations, recommending a plan which will lead to a 13% decrease in the cost base after 5 years.
- Re-priced a key product offering for the company which was successfully introduced into the marketplace.
- Designed a pricing approach and financial processes to support multi-website digital sales.