An accomplished professional engineer with MBA who has over 10+ years experience in technical engineering sales, business development, marketing and management with industrial manufacturing equipment in the energy markets of power, nuclear, and oil & gas. Highly motivated, success driven manager focused on exceeding sales targets and profitability while executing the company's strategic initiatives. Interested in a business development, marketing, or sales director position in the energy and/or renewable power generation industry leveraging my experiences with my strong leadership and communication skills.
Highly capable in developing and implementing technical and commercial sales strategies for engineered products through cost justifications, value proposition, technical presentations, and by understanding customer needs.
Led a team in generating business plans and establishing marketing campaigns for products targeting new applications and business segments to increase market share growth.
Integral to the creation and development of the newly formed IMI Nuclear Division for CCI. Helped establish guidelines, create and implement written procedures, set bookings plans and gross margin, and develop talent required to meet nuclear industry standards.
On two separate occasions, successfully merged two departments to create synergies and reduce SG&A budget and provide smoother lines of communications between sales and operations while streamlining processes.
My strong technical sales experience, leadership characteristics, business acumen, knowledge of business operations, and successes in meeting department and company objectives, have led me to obtain multiple promotions with my current employer.
Have a significantly diversified industry and application knowledge which includes the following areas: utilities, nuclear, power plants, LNG, refineries, CHP, cogeneration, pulp and paper, oil & gas, clean energy, and renewable energy.
Have extensive experience dealing with and understanding global markets, foreign government regulation requirements, nuclear industry codes and standards and mitigating risk through hedging strategies due to my experiences managing a global team with global responsibilities.
Effectively capable of managing a team of over 25 employees located around the world of diversified cultures and backgrounds.
Oct 2014 - Present
Director, Global Inside Sales - Nuclear
Jan 2012 - Oct 2014
Director of Sales, IMI Nuclear Americas
Jan 2011 - Dec 2011
Senior Global Nuclear Sales Manager
Managed a global team of 26 employees with sales over 80M USD with responsibilities over parts, service, repair, replacement valves and new build projects specific to the nuclear industry
- Integrated the global aftermarket and new construction nuclear inside sales teams into one group with the focus of creating synergies among the groups, maximize our capacity utilization and streamline processes
- Developed and executed a risk review process for nuclear projects involving both sales and operations with the intent to improve project hit rate, increase gross margin, and provide transparency to operations
- Responsible for tracking Book to Ship (BTS) for nuclear division which required working closely with operations on backlog and shipments while providing forecast to operations for planning purposes for remainder of fiscal year
Jan 2010 - Dec 2010
Senior Nuclear Aftermarket Sales Manager
Managed a global team of 14 sales engineers responsible for the aftermarket business for the nuclear division with sales over $65M USD
- Created and implemented the new inside sales team for a newly created nuclear division and exceeded bookings and GM targets its inaugural year
- Developed, executed, and monitored Key Performance Indicators for the sales team to drive employee performance expectations
- Created and implemented new processes for the Inquiry to Quote (ITQ) as well as the Quote to Order (QTO) phase of projects in multiple manufacturing facilities on a global scale with the goal to simplify, standardize, and improve on previous processes between manufacturing locations
- Responsible for SG&A budget, involved with establishing global sales forecasts, meeting bookings and shipments targets, and shipped gross margin
Oct 2006 - Dec 2009
Upgrades Manager N. America
Manage team of sales engineers for North America aftermarket department responsible for $24M. Responsibilities include preserving sales budgets, exceeding sales plans and margins and providing technical expertise and evaluation for the outside sales force while establishing costs and preparing cost justifications for customers. Responsible for maintaining 18 month rolling forecast for bookings and shipments as well as monitor Book To Ship (BTS).
- Developed marketing literature and driven campaigns for our sales force to support our technical sales strategies enabling outperforming competition which have resulted in market share growth and new market segment growth
- Have hired, trained and enhanced a highly process driven team who properly cost custom designed projects based on global sourcing manufacturing methods, customer specifications, and terms and conditions minimizing risk and maximizing profit
- Developed and implemented scorecard with dashboard of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to monitor and compare the development of the team and establish performance metrics for the team to be measured
- Took on challenge of turning around failing business sector through a merger of two departments which involved starting from ground zero to rebuild and train both the inside and outside sales force which has resulted in achieving 66% of 2008 results through H1 ‘09 with forecasted bookings of 33% growth for 2009
- Consistently year over year exceed gross margin targets which includes exceeding the 2008 target by 11 points
- Collaborate with global upgrades team developing and implementing the department’s strategic intent and marketing strategies
- Grew from the ground floor a back-end technical sales team in India to support sales efforts through an active on-going training program resulting in higher performance metrics for sales engineers
Mar 2004 - Oct 2006
Senior Upgrades Sales Engineer
In addition to normal duties, additional responsibility given to review technical offerings, drive campaigns, manage department’s bookings and margins to ensure targets were met. Acted as interface between department and operations to ensure smooth transition of projects and reconcile issues.
- Involved with developing marketing campaign and strategies and creating business plans for new business development projects
- Through my demonstration of excellence in technical expertise and leadership characteristics was promoted in just two years with the company even though most others had more seniority
- Given sole ownership for a product line for North America including marketing and pricing strategies, business plans, served as technical specialist, provided many on-site customer presentations, and standardized and simplified processes resulting in doubling bookings results after 3 years due to these efforts
- Helped establish new hire training procedures and created training manual as well as was primary trainer for department for new hires
- Given additional high priority responsibility over nuclear upgrades projects in the Asian markets including Korea, China, and Taiwan which involved traveling to plants and corporate facilities in the region to present technical presentations
Apr 2002 - Mar 2004
Upgrades Sales Engineer
Primary responsibilities included meeting yearly sales and growth targets for upgrades in the severe service control valve industry for DRAG®, BTG and Sulzer valve and actuator products for specified international and domestic territories. Requirements included preparing cost analysis, sizing, engineering review, and developing proposals with commercial and technical strategy.
- Required evaluating and/or troubleshooting process systems within the power, nuclear, and oil and gas industries to improve plant performance and provide detailed proposals and presentations detailing solutions to customer’s problems through value selling
- Developed keen understanding on how to create sustainable competitive advantages selling a premium priced product
- Created product marketing business plan that resulted in the development of an electro-mechanical actuator demo unit resulting in sales in excess of 50+ units in the first 2 years
Jun 2000 - Apr 2002
Inside Sales Engineer
Key Controls, Inc
Responsibilities included sales efforts in the state of Florida as the representative for Fisher control valves and actuators. Prepared proposals based on sizing, selecting and costing valves and instrumentation for the complete product line of Fisher control valves.
- Managed projects for one of the largest EPC contractors for new construction power plants which involved specializing in balance of plant (BOP) and severe service control valves
- Attended industry trade shows as technical resource to provide information about the product line
- Acquired significant knowledge of the power industry, target applications, power plant systems and P&ID diagrams
Jan 2007 - Dec 2008
PEPPERDINE UNIVERSITY GRAZIADIO SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT
Master of Business Administration
Sep 1996 - May 2000
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering