Career work in the Information Technology field, most recently as IT Global Service Desk (Call Center/Helpdesk) Manager. Prior positions include Manager of IT Infrastructure groups, Project Manager, Business Systems analyst and a variety of technical positions. Leadership style emphasizes relationship building skills with the ability to bring large, globally diverse groups together to solve problems. Strong motivator and mentor of team members and colleagues in their professional development plans with excellent organizational and accountability skills. Considered a ‘go to’ person with a reputation for achieving results with accuracy, timeliness and on or under budget and a relentless commitment to quality and continuous improvement. Capable in any IT management position that leverages my leadership, technical, project management, relationship building and strategic thinking skills.
I would like to continue to enhance business and cultural experiences achieved through
lateral moves, new job assignments, management of special projects and formal education.
I recently moved into my first management position and particularly enjoy being able to
influence strategic goals and decisions for the department as well as establish quality improvement initiatives, people development and team building.
Jan 2008 - Sep 2009
IT Global Call Center Manager
In my most recent position at Rohm and Haas / Dow Chemical, I was the manager of the global call center which includes the following highlights:
- Oversight of day to day operations
- Set strategy for the department
- Work within budget constraints with increased pressure to do more with less resources
- Work with the businesses to offer a low cost alternative to their work in a non-tradtional call center model
- Manage an off shore team of approximately 50 individuals located in Noida, India who perfrom level 1 helpdesk support
- Manage a team in the Philadelphia area of 12 individuals who are responsible for training, documentation, QA, and customer satisfaction
- Recent acquisition experience where we were acquired by Dow Chemical and two call centers were merged with end state of one outsourcer, one application platform and one helpdesk.
- Recognized as strong motivator and mentor of team members in their professional development plans.
- Manage the outsourced relationship with India call center performing level 1 work. Through an understanding of contractual terms, relationship building with key management, and participation on steering team was able to leverage that experience in negotiation of new vendor contract .
- Manage a local level 2 group where the call center analyst job includes a focus on QA, customer service, retraining of problem areas and focus on high priority issues.
- Market the level 2 group as able to assume non-traditional IT call center work and expanded scope to include administrative work incoming from businesses and shared services
- Established a cycle of transition of work to outsourcer by assuming new work and moving existing work to India group.
- Accepted personal accountability for quality and quantity of the work through tracking of contractual SLA metrics and focus on slippage.
- Was able to reduce staff by 20% with no impact to on-time or customer satisfaction metrics.
- Maximize team success by actively engaging them in understanding and communication of goals, team building exercises, cross functional training and feedback and rewards system. Set clear expectations for the group and used influence skills to enthuse the team on the organization’s objectives.
- Support security initiatives around audit procedures and assume some responsibility and participation for a new eDiscovery process. Held audit simulations to ensure compliance.
Dec 2007 - Jan 2001
IT Infrastructure Mgr / It Project Leader
Managed six groups with a focus on operations and projects and have an established track record with the ability to reduce costs and drive efficiencies through centralization, standardization and automation. Groups managed included Server Operations, Desktop Infrastructure, Application Deployment, Server Technical Support, DBA and Infrastructure Projects.
·Led PMO scale program for Electronic Materials, the most profitable business in Rohm and Haas. Consisted of network, application and DR upgrade projects that resulted in dollar savings, improved efficiencies and strengthening of business/IT relationships.
·Led a project to replace the current software used by the Call Center. Managed a group of diverse people from various teams and backgrounds to gather requirements, evaluate new technologies (e.g. SAAS) and vendor offerings which resulted in a Service Desk RFI and preliminary narrowing of vendors. Reported directly to an Executive Steering Team at the VP level. This project was cancelled after announcement of the acquisition.
·Led a global AD2003 Domain Controller OS and hardware upgrade project which replaced W2K DC’s and upgraded Active Directory to version 2003. Resulted in reduced number of servers, improved monitoring and backup strategies, quota opportunity and elimination of space constraints and hardware issues.
·Managed the Application Deployment process, a standard discipline which moved hundreds of applications (both IT and business) through the infrastructure to a stable production environment.
·Led Personal Printer elimination project – eliminate the use of personal printers throughout the corporation along with the rollout of multi functional printers. Retired hundreds of personal printers with savings in power, ink and costs of new printers. Led technical team for printer vendor selection.
·Led the Remote Server Backup project; deployment of software and processes to automate remote server backups which enabled centralization and reduction of field resources staff and minimized risk due to better monitoring and fewer errors.
·Led XP Desktop upgrade project – OS and hardware upgrade and deployment which included a new desktop image and more stable and secure build for 15,000+ PC’s throughout the company.
·Led Server Consolidation – both physical and virtual consolidations to maximize server efficiencies and reduce server overhead in terms of volume, data center capacity and power.
·Led NT4 retirement of 340 servers which comprised 700 web sites, 2000 databases and hundreds of applications. Resulted in a reduction of server inventory by 100 and a more secure environment.
·Directed DBA transition project – led the group to assume responsibilities for the new SAP/ ERP platform by assimilating the DBA project role into the day to day operational role.
AS a psychology major, I completed 3 years in towards a BA degree but subsequently switch my focus to Business Management.
May 2007 - Present
This is an online MBA program. I hope to finish by 2011.