Led development and improvement of several key career services initiatives, resulting in increased placements, stronger relationships with area employers, and enhanced student satisfaction for the two market campuses. Administered and interpreted career assessments. Tracked placement and internship information, generated reports, analyzed data, and forecasted trends.
Led classroom presentations on internship, employment, and career topics. Taught career development courses. Designed and facilitated resume-writing and employer research workshops, as well as career services new student orientation sessions. Managed career fairs. Promoted to Associate Director and later returned to Career Counselor role as requested for part-time status during last three years.
Increased student workstudy participation by 900% through developing three key programs in partnership with area employers that: provided hands-on training for student career path development; targeted and developed at-risk students; and strengthened existing internship opportunities.
Recruited, supervised, and hired 65 students.
- Substantially improved consistency and simplified process in the securing, monitoring, and evaluating of internships by revamping procedures and documentation; later adopted as a model for 15-campus system.
- Successfully spearheaded development of internship opportunities in new majors of Graphic Design, Criminal Justice, Paralegal, and Human Resources Associate Degree Programs.
Operations / General
Honored with Extra Mile Award for peer recognition of exceptional career planning and management assistance given to students and graduates.
- Consistently served as a driving force in helping campuses achieve annual placement rates that fell between 91% and 100%.
- Established operations of new Wauwatosa campus career services department.
- Developed, implemented, and led training program for new career services employees, which included writing of extensive training manual.
Rated highly in student instructor evaluations for career development courses taught.
- Contributed to on-going improvement of nation-wide campus system of career service processes through active participation on various committees.
- Led integration of CRM software into tracking systems for the Milwaukee Market campuses.
Managed all aspects of campus graduation ceremonies for four years.