- More than 15 years of successful resume writing and advising experience.
- Published author of career and resume topic articles and contributor of resume ebook samples.
- Certified as a Professional Resume Writer through PARW/CC.
- MA Degree in Guidance and Counseling / Career Specialization.
- Designated as Master Career Development Professional through NCDA.
- Proprietor of successful professional resume writing business with a reputation for exceptional quality, timeliness, and results orientation.
2006 - Present
President / Resume Specialist
Successfully launched business in 2006. Achieved profitable status within first year and grew business by 340%+ by 2010. Client testimonials, samples, and general information can be found at website.
1999 - 2009
Associate Director of Career Services / Career Counselor
Led development and improvement of several key career services initiatives, resulting in increased placements, stronger relationships with area employers, and enhanced student satisfaction for the two market campuses. Administered and interpreted career assessments. Tracked placement and internship information, generated reports, analyzed data, and forecasted trends.
Led classroom presentations on internship, employment, and career topics. Taught career development courses. Designed and facilitated resume-writing and employer research workshops, as well as career services new student orientation sessions. Managed career fairs. Promoted to Associate Director and later returned to Career Counselor role as requested for part-time status during last three years.
- Increased student workstudy participation by 900% through developing three key programs in partnership with area employers that: provided hands-on training for student career path development; targeted and developed at-risk students; and strengthened existing internship opportunities.
- Recruited, supervised, and hired 65 students.
- Substantially improved consistency and simplified process in the securing, monitoring, and evaluating of internships by revamping procedures and documentation; later adopted as a model for 15-campus system.
- Successfully spearheaded development of internship opportunities in new majors of Graphic Design, Criminal Justice, Paralegal, and Human Resources Associate Degree Programs.
Operations / General
- Honored with Extra Mile Award for peer recognition of exceptional career planning and management assistance given to students and graduates.
- Consistently served as a driving force in helping campuses achieve annual placement rates that fell between 91% and 100%.
- Established operations of new Wauwatosa campus career services department.
- Developed, implemented, and led training program for new career services employees, which included writing of extensive training manual.
- Rated highly in student instructor evaluations for career development courses taught.
- Contributed to on-going improvement of nation-wide campus system of career service processes through active participation on various committees.
- Led integration of CRM software into tracking systems for the Milwaukee Market campuses.
- Managed all aspects of campus graduation ceremonies for four years.
1997 - 1998
Counseled individuals at community career center in developing resumes and job search strategies (one evening weekly). Provided career counseling and interpretation of GATB (General Aptitude Test Battery) and Career Life / Work Planning Workshop assessments.
1996 - 1998
Planner / Program Services Assistant
Procured over $1 million in grants for public employment and training programs through writing grant proposals targeting federal, state, local, and private foundation funding sources. Organized and led presentations highlighting services available through Wisconsin's Dislocated Workers Program.
Conducted orientations for new employees. Interviewed, tested, and hired personnel for select positions. Updated Employee Handbook. Chaired Integrated Services to Job Seekers Committee for the Waukesha County Workforce Development Center.
- Named Employee of the Year in 1998 as voted by peers.
- Chosen to represent three-county PIC area on committee tasked with coordinating services with the Milwaukee PIC.
- Showcased workstudy program successes in Preparing Economically and Academically Disadvantaged Students for Employment roundtable session n 2004.
- Attended workshops and seminars on various employment and career topics yearly since 1996.
Bachelor of Arts - Sociology, Human Resources Minor
- GPA 3.97; graduated summa cum laude, 1992
- Educational Vice President of Toastmasters, 1991 - 1992
Master of Science - Guidance & Counseling / Community Counseling - Career Specialization
- GPA 4.0, graduated 1996
- Successfully completed year-long practicum in career counseling at Jefferson County Job Service offices.