- Completed: Introduction to Biostatistical Methods, Principles of Epidemiology, Statistical Inference, Analysis of Categorical Data, Randomized Clinical Trial, Linear Regression Models, Survival Analysis, Research Data Coordination, Probability, Generalized Linear Models, Analysis of Longitudinal Data, Design of Medical Experiments, Capstone Consulting Seminar
- Byrne, S. T*., Gu, P.*, Zhou, J., Denkin, S. M., Chong, C., Sullivan, D., Liu, J. O., and Zhang, Y. Pyrrolidine dithiocarbamate and diethyldithiocarbamate are active against growing and nongrowing persister Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother, 51: 4495-4497, 2007. (Equal contribution)
- Byrne, S. T., Denkin, S. M., Gu, P., Nuermberger, E., and Zhang, Y. Activity of ketoconazole against Mycobacterium tuberculosis in vitro and in the mouse model. J Med Microbiol, 56: 1047-1051, 2007.
- Gu, P., Constantino, L., and Zhang, Y. Enhancement of the antituberculosis activity of weak acids by inhibitors of energy metabolism but not by anaerobiosis suggests that weak acids act differently from the front-line tuberculosis drug pyrazinamide. J Med Microbiol, 57: 1129-1134, 2008.
- Zhou, J., Zhang, H., Gu, P., Bai, J., Margolick, J. B., and Zhang, Y. NF-kappaB pathway inhibitors preferentially inhibit breast cancer stem-like cells. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 111(3):419-427, 2008
- Zhou, J., Zhang, H., Gu, P., Margolick, J. B., Yin, D., Zhang, Y. Cancer stem/progenitor cell active compound 8-quinolinol in combination with paclitaxel achieves an improved cure of breast cancer in the mouse model. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 2008 May 28. [Epub ahead of print] .
- Zhou, J., Wulfkuhle, J., Zhang, H., Gu, P., Yang, Y., Deng, J., Margolick, J. B., Liotta, L. A., Petricoin, E., 3rd, and Zhang, Y. Activation of the PTEN/mTOR/STAT3 pathway in breast cancer stem-like cells is required for viability and maintenance. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 104: 16158-16163, 2007.
Full-time position as a biostatistician / statistician / data analyst / SAS programmer
- SAS 9.0 Base Certified Programmer
- SAS 9.0 Advanced Certified Programmer
- SAS (Base, Macro, SQL, STAT, GRAPH), R package, Teleform (Questionnaire Design Software), Microsoft Office Word/Excel/Access/PowerPoint;
- Familiar with Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, Generalized Linear Models, Linear Mixed Models and Survival Models
Sep 2007 - May 2009
Master of Science
Jun 2008 - Present
Yale University School of Medicine
- Perform data collection, including: designing psychological assessment forms for database using Teleform software; scanning, verifying and exporting the data using Teleform; developing SAS macros for weekly report to identify the missing observations.
- Perform data manipulation such as developing SAS programs to clean messy data and to create secondary scored data sets by using macros, do loop, arrays, etc.
- Perform statistical analysis using SAS such as proc tabulate, proc freq, proc means, proc univariate, proc corr, proc ttest, proc glm, proc reg, proc mixed, etc.
Apr 2004 - Oct 2006
Sr. lab technician
2004-2006 Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Perform compound library screenings to identifynovel drugs for M.tuberculosispersisters and breast cancer stem cells
- Investigate anti-tuberculosis effects of ketoconazole and benzoic acid derivatives
- Responsible for lab routine work