Seeking executive position compatible with my qualifications utilizing my analytical/financial skills and leadership abilities to acquire valuable experiences, while contributing towards the prosperity and growth of the organization.
Playing cricket and surfing on net.
Playing Tennis, Snooker, swimming and reading books
MA ( Economics )
CA - Finalist
Institue of Chartered Accountant of Pakistan
Jan 2010 - Present
Winner Foods (Private) Limited
- Overall responsibility for the whole accounts department including reviewing the GL function, posting function, internal controls and trial balance generation through FINSOFT.
- Preparation of the annual accounts as per the laws applicable to non-listed companies and also preparation of monthly management accounts for the review of the Board of Directors.
- Highlighting trends, issues and risks, getting approval on policy matters from BOD.
- Filing of monthly and annual withholding tax and sales tax returns.
- Co-ordination with the external auditors.
- Preparation of the annual budget of the company in consultation with the production, marketing, administration, research & development, IT and other departments.
- Supervising monthly closing process, results compilation, variance analysis against rolling forecast and developing the strategies to be adopted to achieve the targets.
- Co-ordination with the business / marketing personnel for discussing the growth opportunities and marketing strategies to be employed for the achievement of the budgeted targets.
- Steering the business operations and performance through proactive MIS /decision support. Providing support to the sales and marketing team by highlighting trends, data analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Partnering with supply chain for optimizing working capital, cash flows, raising capital budgets and cost effectiveness initiatives.
- Analyzing business environment and proactively safeguarding risks. Partnering with internal audit team in conducting risks assessment exercise and establishing appropriate internal controls.
- Leading the training / development agenda for accounts & finance team. Organizing workshops, courses and best practices sharing sessions.
May 2009 - Jan 2010
Assistant Manager - Accounts
Pioneer Cement Limited
System Analysis : Assessing on system analysis & review. Analysis and reporting of incurred expenses. Industry Comparison : Comparison of cost and other operating/ financial parameters with different cement companies. Store – Purchase & Consumption : Working on developing reports of store purchases, consumption and consumption patterns. Monitoring and controlling of factory expenses. Preparation of budget guidelines for different departments. Identifying cost saving areas. Reporting on sales ( Daily, Weekly, Monthly & Yearly ). Reporting on sales trends. Reporting on Retention Price, Ex Factory Price & Quantity dispatched. Comparing weekly sales targets.
May 2004 - May 2009
Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder (Member of Ernst & Young)
- Performed risk assessments for planning and developing audit strategies in response to clients’ business risks and financial risks, preparation of SWOT analysis and testing of key controls over the clients’ business and accounting processes. Executing audit procedures (including analytical review procedures) in accordance with the International Standards on Auditing.
- Preparation of financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Local laws.
- Assisted clients in valuing the investments and derivatives in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Coordinated all aspects of the audit assignment including entrance/exit meetings and compilation of the documentation and audit report
- Assessed the adequacy of internal controls of company’s accounting applications and identified weaknesses and suggested improvements
- Conducted analytical reviews of financial performance of various clients
- Reported on the departments, divisions & company compliances of the Group’s Corporate Risk Management Guidelines Conducted analytical reviews of financial performance of various clients.
Dec 2008 - Mar 2009
Ernst & Young
Audit Assurance & Business Advisory Division (from Dec-2008 to Mar-2009).
Carried out external audits of various manufacturing, trading and leisure concerns using E&Y advanced audit techniques, specialized audit soft wares & tools and firm’s Global Audit Methodology (GAM). Tasks included planning of the assignments, designing\tailoring audit procedures, execution of the audits and reporting.