Accomplished, energetic person with several years of experience. Reputation for being very organized and hard working as well as a master at multi-tasking. I have a strong background in healthcare and a deep passion for quality customer service.
Currently serving as President for the Montana Society for Healthcare Materials Management.
Sep 2011 - Present
Montana Society for Healthcare Materials Management (MSHMM)
Montana Hospital Association
Current president for the Society of Healthcare & Material Management.
Apr 2010 - Present
St. John's Lutheran Hospital
- Administers and directs the operations of the materials management department, including central stores.
- Responsible for purchasing, product review and standardization, inventory distribution, contract management.
- Quality management functions related to supply chain
- Budgeting, long and short term goal setting, and staff development.
- Responsible for a complete re-organization of an out of date materials department to a current highly functional department with an emphasis on quality customer service.
- Actively participates in long-term strategies for the departments functions. Keeps up to date on industry trends, regulatory changes.
- Proactively develops a yearly budget.
- Assures department employees are taught needed skills and knowledge for future positions.
- Responsible for recruiting, supervising, and staff development.
- Coordinates a fiscal year end inventory.
- Facilitate capital equipment purchases.
- Responsible for positive work environment through positive attitude, behavior and teamwork.
- Maintains good working relationship with all departments, by providing services, management assistance, and open communication.
Nov 2007 - Dec 2008
Total Party Concept
Developed a complete comprehensive business plan to cover all aspects of opening and operating a
retail party supply store.
Obtained all DBA, building & occupancy permits, EIN, Tax ID, etc..
Responsible for selecting location and lease negotiation
Developed store design and layout
Oversaw store build-out
Ordered and maintained inventory
Apr 1979 - Mar 2007
Director of Resource & Materials Mgt.
Pullman Regional Hospital
Job duties and responsibilities:
Planned, developed, organized, direct and control the supply chain to ensure high quality standards at the lowest possible cost.
Responsible for recruiting, supervising, and staff development for central supply and the purchasing areas.
Responsible for purchasing, procurement, and monitoring to meet financial and quality performance standards for the organization as well as in the industry.
Developed and maintained a streamlined efficient materials program for vendor negotiation, physican / co-worker participation, purchase, inventory and logistics.
Coordinated timely supply and equipment distribution to insure a smooth and orderly flow to user departments.
Negotiated with and evaluated vendors and approved contracts for goods and services according to financial policies.
Developed long & short term goals for departments
Developed supply cost projections for budgetary planning and cash forecast
Coordinated fiscal year inventory
Responsible for recommendations regarding equipment acquisition by lease or purchase.
Responsible for $26 million dollars medical equipment budget for the construction of a new hospital
Established and maintained healthy interpersonal relationships with fellow staff members
Responsible for maintaining a positive work environment through positive attitude, behavior and teamwork.