The Practice Nurse
Was employed as The practice nurse at the Wellman clinic which is 1 of the most prestigious men's clinic in the world who specialises in all aspects of men's health mainly Testosterone Replacement Therapy. Dealing with international patients on a daily basis from elite backgrounds namely Lords, Sir's and celebrities. Responsible for managing the private men's clinic and overseeing that all treatment rooms are organised and appointments run smoothly. Assessing the nursing needs of patients and providing appropriate care/treatment in conjunction with the GP.
- Established in patient support including assessment, counselling, education regarding medications, treatment, lab work, documentation with care plan for discharge, and administration of treatment procedures.
- Computer skilled, managing heavy daily patient volume including telephone triage, appointment scheduling, medication ordering and stock take and patient referrals. Proficient in all documentation/record maintenance/paperwork to ensure accuracy and patient confidentiality.
- Working with other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Administering vaccines and assisting doctors with implant procedures, injections and any other tasks the doctors’ request assistance with
- In charge of reviewing and maintaining the clinics policies and procedures.
- Organising and running of annual flu clinics.
- Recruiting locum Nurses and new nursing staff
- Taking blood samples from patients as requested by the doctors
- Providing a service for blood sampling for external consultant
- Daily checking of the nurse’s diary to ensure patients are followed up for further blood tests/investigations/appointments
- Liaising with other medical professionals to arrange additional investigations for patients as requested by the doctors
- Ordering all prescription medications and medical consumables for the practice
- Kept accurate records of medicines received/despatched, fridge logs, resus logs, etc.
- Ensuring doctors rooms are stocked daily with appropriate supplies.
- Taking medication orders (prescription and stock) from patients over the telephone and ensuring that they are ready for collection or despatch by mail the same day.
- Writing prescriptions for signature by the doctors. Archiving of records at the year end
- Ensuring practice protocols and policies are updated when necessary in line with standards set by the Healthcare Commission.