I am seeking a position where I can use my software knowledge, artistic, and HTML skills plus my writing and customer service abilities to improve a company’s web & print documents in order to better serve the company's customers and clients. I hope that through my efforts the company will be able to produce greater revenue from their products and services.
Dedicated Service-Oriented Professional With 30 Years of Experience Serving and Helping Other People in a Variety of Environments and Organizations.
Aug 2001 - Feb 2009
Over the years I worked in all areas of the department completing a variety of tasks, substituting for others when absent, and training new and existing employees at new tasks. This was a fast-paced production environment with high standards for accuracy.
- My last position was as a Book builder where I paginated magazines and tabloids using Epic’s 4D database, Classified Layout System Page Director, FileMaker Pro, Quark Express, and Adobe Acrobat software.
- During my years there I troubleshot problem ads, made corrections, analyzed graphic/EPS files for problems. I used Photoshop, Illustrator & Quark Express to solve these problems.
- I created special projects, rate cards, marketing brochures, booklets, forms, and promotional signs for various departments within the organization.
- I worked with 2 database programs, File Maker Pro, and Epic’s 4D, sorting, queries, and organizing in-coming work for the department.
- I received several merit increases, compliments, and had a reputation for a job well done.
Jul 1999 - Mar 2001
Computer Technician & Web/Graphic Designer
Gemini Software Solutions
- I provided computer technical assistance both in house and clients by installing hardware, software, & networking in a Microsoft environment.
- I troubleshot any problems either hardware or software for both the computer and network.
- I tested and documented all software setups/troubleshooting and provide reports to supervisors and clients.
- I designed and created web sites and print material that were both visually pleasing and informative for the company.
- I provided telephone help desk support for clients.
- I interacted with clients on their needs and expectations for their websites, brochures, & advertisements.
May 1996 - Jul 1999
- I installed and troubleshot computer systems hardware Including CPU, scanners, printers, and plotters and associated software in a variety of computer labs/classrooms.
- I documented all work done and any problems solved or problems still pending.
- I provided technical support for a variety of computer labs.
- I supervised student workers.
- I tutored students on various software applications.
- I provided public relations support for computer lab areas.
- I designed and created web sites for several departments and projects for the campus.
- I installed and maintained Windows NT 4.0 workstations, Windows NT 4.0 Servers, Windows 95, and Windows 3.11 for Workgroups.
- I installed network protocols for classroom computers.
- I troubleshot computer hardware problems and low-level troubleshooting of Sinclair’s computer network system as related to computer classrooms.
- I managed the scheduling of the repairs around class times.
- I loaded and unloaded a vast variety of software for both classroom and business office use. I used Symantec’s Ghost software to clone software images across the network to multiple classroom computers.
- I prepared and tested software for the class curriculum.
- I created and maintained an inventory of all software applications.
- I tutored students in the use of Microsoft Windows, HTML, Adobe PhotoShop, Microsoft Office, and Internet skills.
Mar 2009 - Present
Computer Information Systems
Mar 1996 - Aug 1998
Associate Degree in Individualized Study in Computer Services and Graphics
nAssociate Degree in Individualized Study in Computer Services and Graphics
nGraduated with Honors - 3.5 GPA
Jul 1986 - Jul 1988
Certificate in Radiology Technology - Registry Eligible
- Graduated at the top of my class
Adobe Dreamweaver (formerly Macromedia Dreamweaver)
Adobe Photoshop along with Kai's Powertools 3, 5, & 6
Hypertext Markup Language (HTML)
Letter of recommendation from my C# instructor at Devry University
Letter of recommendation from my supervisor at Cox AutoTader, Inc.
Kai's Powertools 3 really rocks. I love working in this software.
This image was created in Photoshop using Kai's Powertool 5's the Fractal Designer plug-in
Kai's Powertools is the main software for this image plus a little help from Photoshop
This image using multiple layers in Photoshop to achieve the effect. The flare is from the Lens Flare effect.
Fractal Designer and Lens Flare effect make up this image
I created this piece using Fractal Designer.
Kai's Fractal Designer, Twirl, & Flare Effects inside Photoshop 7. Circa 2001
Totally Kai's Powertools 3
This image took years to complete. I started it in Photoshop 5 and finished in Photoshop 7. It was created using Kai's Powertools 3, 5, & 6
Another Fractal Designer piece
This image uses several different plug-ins to create this effect. Most is Kai's Powertools 3 and Photoshops lens flare.
Created using Kai's 5 Fractal Designer inside Photoshop 7
Kai's Spheroid Designer and Fractal Designer inside Photoshop 7 vintage 2001
Kai's Twirl effect and Glass Lens filter. Circa 1998
I created this image so long ago I forget exactly how I made it. I know it was Photoshop and Twirl filter, but the rest I don't remember.
More Fractal Designer please. Layer up on layer of Fractal Designer.