Flagstaff, AZ, United States
Aug 2009 - Jun 2010
All of the work at NAZ Today was done under the strict deadlines of a daily television news broadcast.
Occasionally the production team had a couple days to work on a story (usually if it was a long package or ongoing story), but most stories had to be done in one day.
A TYPICAL DAY:
I would be sent out in the morning to cover a story, return a couple hours later with the footage, write up the story and lead in for the anchors, create any required voiceovers and cut it in Final Cut Pro. Then I would participate in the live broadcast, usually as floor director or technical director.
* Operated master control panel during live shows
* Orchestrated pre-show audio/visual checks, green screen adjustments and prepped for special segmentsVideographer/Photographer
* Shot interviews and B-Roll for daily news broadcast
* Collaborated with producers and reporters on news stories
* Conducted interviews
* Provided still photography for news stories on websiteFloor Director
* Prepped news floor for broadcast
* Directed anchors and cameras during live show based on instructions from director (via headset)
* Guided guests and interviewees before going on-air
* Provided microphones for the anchors
* Coordinated camera blocking on a daily basis
* Taught new camera operators how to use the camerasGraphics/Editor
*Created graphics for sports and lower third,
* Imported graphics into Chiron
* Edited news packages in Final Cut Pro
* Conducted voiceover sessions for news packages