I seek a position with an organization that will embrace my strong organizational skills, creativity, education, as well as my management and leadership abilities. I have a track record of bringing solutions to problems. My empathetic and compassionate nature enables me to quickly engage and connect with others. I work extremely well independently, with minimal supervision. A strong collaborator, I work well with team members and often become a team's leader of choice. I have a reputation for pursuing excellence passionately in every endeavor. I secured my college degree while working full-time, and continue to grow personally and professionally every day. I have long demonstrated an ability to understand and improve complex processes. Particularly strong in project management, I am experienced at achieving goals with minimal budgets and support. Adept at market research, I possess strong mathematical and science skills and abilities. An energetic and determined individual, I am looking for an opportunity to demonstrate my intelligence, work ethic and value as a contributor.
Jan 2010 - Present
Representative, Special Projects
ADT - Absolute Security, Inc.
Consult on security issues in both B2B and consumer environments. Develop and implement marketing and sales plans targeting law enforcement, banking, healthcare, among other market segments. Analyze security needs of commercial and residential customers for world's leading security system company, arrange installation and serve as primary customer relations contact.
- Develop industry segmented marketing brochures
- Deliver presentations to small and large groups
- Generate leads and create sales opportunities for self and others
- Excellent communicator, oral and written
Nov 1984 - Jun 2009
Marion County Public Schools
Served as administrative assistant serving a wide variety of functions, including budgeting, grant programs, data management, requisitioning, among others. Worked in successively challenging positions requiring ability to fulfill multiple tasks in day-to-day high-energy environment. Served administrative needs for as many as five executives simultaneously. Comfortably worked against tight deadlines and within an office with often disparate needs. As classroom teacher, taught 7th and 8th grade science.
- Comprehensive computer skills and abilities in both PC and Mac platforms
- Responsible for highly sensitive, confidential information
- Negotiated and contracted with dozens of vendors providing products and services
- Developed and implemented multiple lesson plans
- Assisted in the development of annual departmental budgets
- Assisted in summer camp preparations, planning and operations
- Enabled supervisors to focus on their respective jobs and work more effectively
Aug 2003 - Dec 2007
Bachelor of Science
Florida Southern College
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude, 4.0 GPA
- Scholarship Recipient each year