Fortune 100 business manager with over 19 years of operations management experience in multi-unit and stand alone operations. Over 16 years of ophthalmic sales and manufacturing expertise. "Big Box" operations experience with full responsibility for annual revenue budgets in excess of $45 million. Proven ability to turn around struggling locations ensuring continued productivity and profitability.
2004 - Present
Operations oversight of retail sales and regional distribution facilities with up to 140 employees and $8M in annual revenues.Responsibilities include all aspects of operations, inventory facilitation and distribution, merchandising, and retail sales.Instrumental in identifying opportunities of struggling locations and implementing action plans that improved overall unit performance.Served as District Manager Trainer ensuring successful integration of new managers to the company.
2001 - 2004
Responsible for total store operations.Supervising 4 managers in areas of Operations, Sales, Merchandising, and Inventory.Additionally, oversaw 13 department supervisors and up to 175 employees within the store.Controlled annual revenues in excess of $45 million.Successfully operated the third highest revenue generating store in district.
- Increased product margin 23% adding more than $2 million to annual GPM.Operating profit increased by 21%, adding more than $1 million to store’s bottom line.
- Built partnerships with companies like Pepsi-Cola, Cox Communications, and the Independent Grocer's Association generating hundreds of thousands of dollars in additional revenues annually.
- Consistently exceeded company quotas for both revenue and margin, most recently driving annual revenues to a five year high with nearly double-digit comps.
- Created and maintained a “shrink culture” within the store that drove losses down almost 40% below company average retaining more than $80,000 in budgeted loss.
1986 - 2001
Market Manager / General Manager
Market oversight of store sales and manufacturing within district. Combined annual sales in excess of $4.5 million.Responsibilities included: doctor relations, new business development, recruiting and hiring, training and development, OSHA compliance, coordination of media campaigns, sales forecast, counseling and terminations, P&L management, and ensuring both customer and employee satisfaction.
- Created strategic alliances with physicians within the market to significantly increase customer referrals and revenues.
- Instrumental in turning around struggling locations and building self-sustaining teams.
- Drove customer satisfaction levels up by nearly 50%, and employee satisfaction levels to all-time highs within store.
- Recruited and/or developed a multitude of associates to leadership positions including both Assistant and General Manager capacities.