Centre for Academic Practice (CAP), Loughborough University, Loughborough.
Ongoing support to the School of Science and the School of sport, Exercise and Health Sciences to promote the use and validity of e-learning both technologically and pedagogically, including:
- School, group and individual (academic, administration staff and student) support of centralised e-learning systems to ensure common technology and pedagogic 'best practice' is employed to meet organisational strategic aims, whilst ensuring subject specific relevance and individuals empowerment. Additionally provide support to both staff and students from different backgrounds with diverse teaching skills and learning requirements respectively.
- University Administrator for TurnItIn similarity checking service, and Grademark online marking system. Involvement with University working group on Minor Academic misconduct and Academic Scholarship (use of TurnItIn). Loughborough University representative at TurnItIn UK User Group.
- Development and ongoing evaluation of School Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) usage policies and review of School uptake of existing core e-learning systems, in-line with strategic aims.
- Development of guidelines, processes, policies and resources to support staff and students in the use of core e-learning systems. Including employing short term 'work arounds' where system integrations either do not exist, or do not function as required, whilst planning, discussing and / or communicating the requirements to eliminate these integration 'short-falls'.
- Provision of support, training and technology enhanced solutions for several support departments including the Language Centre, Registry and Student Support Services, using 'best practice' approaches and centralised systems where ever possible.
- Research and evaluation of e-learning tools, technologies and methodologies to support and enhance centralised e-learning systems.
- Regular involvement with School based Teaching and Learning Committees and E-learning Network Groups, ensuring the communication of common 'best practice' to and between Schools, and reporting back of School initiatives, developments and requirements.
- Secretary to Quality enhancement and Assurance Sub Committee.
- Secretary to Open Learning Management Group.
- Responsible for development, branding and maintenance of Centre for Academic Practice (CAP) website, including promotion of CAP internally and externally.
- Involved with development and delivery of e-learning aspects of the PGCAP programme run by the Centre for Academic Practice, including the presentation of innovative teaching methods to course 'students' to potentially maximise their teaching efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provision of technology enhanced learning support to several Loughborough University 'Teaching Innovation Award' winners and involved with commercialisation of at least one project through to a marketable 'app'.
- Involved with technological and pedagogic aspects of MOOC development on both the FutureLearn platform and the in-house VLE. Pioneered a methodology / ways of working for MOOC conversion to the VLE Moodle platform.
- Development and maintenance of 'Design for Usability' website for Design School, including a review of the potential commercial application of the design principles which form the content of the site.
- Fulfilled role of Probation Advisor for Centre for Academic Practice Intern.
- Ongoing technical input to LUMEN programme, delivering gap year maths support to 200+ post A-level students prior to going to University.
- Development of computer aided assessment tests for academics, and training to empower staff to create their own.