Data Scientist (Market Intelligence Analyst)
(Multinational company focused in Agribusiness and Risk Management. The largest private company in America)
* Develop, implement and test the machine learning algorithm (IDL language) for the Crop Recognition and Automatic Determination of the Planting Date project which analyzes satellite images in order to determine planting dates and the crops planted in producing regions. * Design and conduct freight market data analysis. Create and maintain predictive models for the freight rate index and present it in weekly meetings to business unit leadership and 30 more people. The models helped Cargill manage logistic risks during a difficult period of changes in the Brazilian freight market.
* Performed complex data-driven analysis in problem solving (worked in a pair). The suggestions provided by the analysis were used and implemented at Cargill's terminal to increase its logistic productivity. Manage multiple projects simultaneously in two different areas: Logistics and Global Trading Analytics.
In these projects, I work with:
- Fourier Transform and Wavelet Transform (IDL Language), used as filter techniques and as feature extraction.
- K-Nearest Neighbor-KNN (IDL Language): Matching strategy.
- Multivariate Linear Regression (R and Excel): Predictive model.