· Program - Dell Returns Operations Inventory Consolidation (10,000 hours, 8 months, $900K)
- Delivered solution on-time, within budget - resulting in saving of $4 million per year.
- Managed 8 application teams, 5 project managers, test team and multiple business partners in three regions.
· Program – Launching Returns operations in EMEA region (15,000 hours, 14 months, $1.2 M)
- Integrating vendor (Flextronics) with Dell’s reverse logistics operation.
- Demonstrated skills on multi-region vendor management. Achieved win-win solution for various conflicting situations.
- Smooth execution of Envisioning, Planning, Developing, Stabilizing and Delivery phases.
· Program – Facility consolidation with vendor Genco (8,000 hours, 6 months)
- Accountable for complete data center ownership transition.
- Successfully managed decommissioning of 200 active servers and WAN between Austin to Nashville without any downtime.
· Program - MQ Migration from dedicated to Farm servers
- 30+ high availability applications, 300+ servers migration. Incident free delivery.
- Projected savings of more than a million in a year and better supportability.
· Portfolio management – Shipping, Reverse Logistics and Business Operations:
- Managed Americas Business Operations and Portfolio – including effort estimate, budgeting, resource planning, scope finalization, create program charter and delegating PMs.
- Developed IT team in India team from ground up without any impact to service delivery. - Transition of federal orders manufacturing from Ireland to continental US – successful on time delivery. - Retire old shipping application from Dell manufacturing facilities – On time no issue delivery. $100 K savings per quarter.
- Saved $300 k by improving the performance of DCS application and avoiding the 3rd party support renewal.
- Excellent communication and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Defined project value proposition, charter, scope, requirements, schedule milestones, work plan, resource needs, timeline, budget and deliverables.
- Managed and integrated projects and programs comprised of cross-functional project owners.
- Ensured consistency and adherence to Dell standards, processes, and policies for all projects.
- Worked with central planning and governance team to ensure coordination of activities.
- Driving for customer focus solutions. Excellent internal and external communication. On-time reporting at VP level.
- Developed Program Management standards for multiple functions within the department.
- Mentored less-experienced Project Managers and providing performance feedback.
Reliability and Process Improvement Achievements:
- Instrumental on Incident, Problem and Change Management based on ITIL V3 model. Also part of Configuration and Service Level Management process definition team.
- Established the problem management processes from ground up.
- Led the SWAT Problem Management team for Brazil manufacturing facility having IT downtime impacting daily production. Stabilized the environment and achieved highest shipped units in any given quarter as well as reached highest units shipped number per day.
- Managed the global team of 10 members to identify the root cause and provide permanent solution for Customer Change of Address requests for the items which have shipped already. With the new automated approach customer care achieved minimum 500 minutes reduction per day on the form filling process. Number of successful delivery increase by 50%.
- Identified opportunities of reliability improvement and coordinated the effort to implement the solution all across IT organization which includes Infrastructure, DBAs, Server Ops, Security and Applications development. E.g. DST patch for Brazil (announced 2 days before the time change) rolling out in more than 500 servers, Microcode upgrade in SAN base storage on more than 400 servers, CSS count match on Oracle databases.
- Aligned the Change Management Process to ITIL framework. Organized ‘Kaizen’ events to lower the compliance burden. Make it a smooth, robust and easy to adapt process. Reduced the number of ‘touches’ in Change Life Cycle by 50%. Defined the success criteria and achieved > 98% change yield (50 changes in a typical week).
- Built the Production Services and Solution Delivery team responsible for Level 3 support and deployments. Defined and implemented transition and support process on ITIL V3 model.
- 95% reduction on misses of warranty shipping (40000- 60000 parts/day) and 50% reduction in incidents in first quarter.
- Zero misses on second quarter shipping and no major IT incidents as outcome of problem management effort.