Qurious & Company
Provided creative direction, strategic marketing and event consultation to individuals, corporate, and non-profit organizations while pursuing doctorate; key clients include the Mid-Eastern Athletic Association/City of Raleigh Host Committee, Roland S. Martin (CNN Analyst), Center for Entrepreneurial Development (CED), Cisco Systems, Susan G. Komen Foundation Triangle Affiliate and others.
* Orchestrate a wide spectrum of marketing initiatives and events for diverse audiences and clientele; producing dinners and banquets, anniversaries and galas, corporate meetings and retreats, tournaments and silent auctions, press announcements and conferences, and more; overseeing budgets $1K - 100K for event audiences ranging 10 to 10,000.
* Managed $100K in revenue opportunities for the Mid-Eastern Athletic Association; Producing ancillary events for MEAC Tournament including a VIP Kick-off Press Conference, Meet & Greet Mixer, Hall of Fame Brunch, Block Party, and more.
* Ensured fulfillment of all sponsorship contract obligations; delivering a substantial improvement in renewals including ticket allocation, VIP credentials, parking passes, arena signage, in-game promotions/scripts, special recognitions, etc.
* Generated $250K+ monthly in speaking appearances, engagements, and book signings; securing opportunities and negotiating fees for Roland Martin to appear at the 2010 National Black MBA Association Conference & Exhibition, 2010 Essence Music Festival, BET Bobby Jones Gospel 30th Anniversary, and 2010 Indiana Black Expo.
* Increased brand awareness and event participation; managing all aspects of marketing and public relations for ancillary events by writing content for marketing kit, website, mailers, email blasts, newsletters, and press releases.
* Produced 25+ entrepreneurial programs and networking events for CED; overseeing all aspects of soliciting/ recruiting moderators, panelists and keynote speakers, site selection, co-sponsorships of initiatives plus catering/hospitality.