Youth Tobacco Prevention Coordinator
Dare County Department of Public Health
- Recruit youth in local schools and community youth groups to become teen tobacco use prevention advocates through participation in groups and clubs.
- Facilitate integration of effective teen tobacco use prevention education in schools.
- Promote awareness of research that details the relationship between the price of tobacco products and youth initiation of tobacco use.
- Reinforce underage tobacco sale laws and reduce tobacco advertising that appeals to youth.
- Advance implementation of and compliance with 100% tobacco free schools by serving as an on-going resource for middle and high schools in a tri-county region.