Associate Director of Advocacy position with the Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids.
- Co-Host, Cookin' with Cutty: Healthy Lifestyles Television for Children - 1996 - Present
- Writer/Producer, Long Board Studios - 1999 - Present
- Pele Award (Kona Nissan television advertisement), Hawai'ian Advertising Federation - 2006
- Ola Pono Award for Tobacco Cessation Program, Hawai'i Medical Service Associaiton - 2002
Aug 2005 - Present
Youth Tobacco Prevention Coordinator
Dare County Department of Public Health
- Recruit youth in local schools and community youth groups to become teen tobacco use prevention advocates through participation in groups and clubs.
- Facilitate integration of effective teen tobacco use prevention education in schools.
- Promote awareness of research that details the relationship between the price of tobacco products and youth initiation of tobacco use.
- Reinforce underage tobacco sale laws and reduce tobacco advertising that appeals to youth.
- Advance implementation of and compliance with 100% tobacco free schools by serving as an on-going resource for middle and high schools in a tri-county region.
Aug 2001 - Jun 2005
West Hawaii Tobacco Free Coalition
- Wrote, implemented and managed a grant, from the Master Settlement Agreement, for an award winning* innovative, comprehensive collaborative tobacco cessation program. *Ola Pono Award
- Recruited and trained tobacco cessation facilitators.
- Created and executed a media/marketing campaign, accounting for 30% of the budget.
- Developed a reimbursement for services contract with HMSA insurance (insured 80% of Hawai'i's population) for sustainability.
- Advocated and maintained strong public relations with physicians, dentists, healthcare providers, hospitals and rural public health clinics.
Jan 1994 - Jun 2001
American Heart Association
- Advocated to reduce death and disability caused by cardiovascular diseases and stroke in West Hawai'i. This was done by collaborating with business leaders, educating government officials and recruiting hundreds of community volunteers.
- Facilitated a strong volunteer work force, influential board of directors and program and development committees. This involved training, goal setting, conflict resolution, outcomes, a review process and recognition.
- Cultivated a large loyal donor base, through face-to-face and major gift campaigns, memorials, direct mail and special events, through quality service, consistent follow through and visual recognition.