People and places, how things work and how things could work better, sports and fitness including triathlon, tennis, surfing and snow sports.
2011 - present Auckland, New Zealand
Senior Project Manager
- Manage multiple projects ranging in value from $30k -$3.5m from initiation to project closure.
- Lead the improvement of project management procedures and business systems within the section.
2006 - 2010 London, UK
Project Manager, Electrical Engineering Team Leader (2009 - 2010)
- This role had three components; Project Management, Team Leader/Manager (seven Electrical and Controls Engineers) and Inter-Company Coordinator. See this link (job description) for a detailed job description;
Project Manager (2007 - 2009)
- Manage multiple projects ranging in value from £20k - £350k from initiation to project closure.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams including internal staff and external contractors to achieve project objectives.
- Communicating with clients and key project stakeholders.
- Improve project management procedures and systems within the organisation.
Controls Engineer (2006 - 2007)
- Lead controls engineer for projects up to £1.3 million. Projects primarily multi-axis servo drive applications.
- Complete project life cycle from system definition to commissioning and hand-over.
- Product development.
RG Luma Automation(rglumagroup.co.uk)
2005 Worcester, UK
Controls Engineer (contract)
- Controls engineering for projects delivering automated production machinery for the automotive industry.
Berill Control Systems(bcsgroup.biz)
2004 - 2005 Auckland, New Zealand
Controls Engineer (contract)
- Controls engineer for Darwin International Airport baggage handling system.
2002 - 2004 Auckland, New Zealand
- Lead Controls Engineer on projects $20k - $1m. Management of all electrical and controls aspects of projects including the formation andmaintenanceof project schedules and budgets.
- Site Manager for $550k powder handling project in Denmark.
- Product development of new filling machines.
- Project Manager with 8+ years experience leading multidisciplinary teams to achieve project objectives.
- Specialising in managing technically challenging projects with a successful history in achieving this across a wide range of industries and countries.
- A complimentary skill set of leadership, in depth technical knowledge and interpersonal skills ensures project requirements are well defined and high performing teams are built then led to achieve these.
- Professionally accredited (PMP from www.pmi.org) and formally trained in project management.
- Seeks professionally challenging and interesting role within an organisation that facilitates professional growth.
Project Experience. Over 12 years project experience. This involved working as part of a team to take projects from initiation through to final project commissioning and closure.
Project Management. Over eight years leading multi-disciplinary teams to achieve project objectives. This includes management of scope, quality, time, cost, risks and most importantly people.
Industry Experience. I have experience working in a wide range of industries. These industries include; Materials Handling, Transport, Construction, Water & Wastewater, Mining & Metals, Theatre & Live Entertainment, Automotive and Food & Beverage,.
International Experience. Project delivery in over 15 different contries including; Denmark, France, Belgium, Italy, United Arab Emirates (UAE), China, Caribbean Islands, USA, Canada, UK, Scotland, Australia and (of course) NZ. I have lived and worked permanently in the UK for five years.
Technical Competency in a wide range of disciplines including:
a) Control system design and implementation.
b) Software design and implementation.
c) Mechanical engineering, fabrication and installation.
d) Process engineering and production systems.
Communications. A strong communicator using written, aural and visual mediums. Excellent facilitator during group communications. An active listener. I take responsibility for the flow of information between all project stakeholders and for the quality and timeliness of this information.
Relationships. I interact well with clients and colleagues and enjoy the working relationships that develop. I work to build strong teams through encouragement and support that create an all inclusive environment.
2013 - 2014
Project Management Professional
PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP) credential is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers.
Requirements include a four-year degree, three years (4,500 hours) project management experience and 35 hours of formal project management education.
2006 - 2007
Post graduate paper - Project Management
- Completed with merit
1998 - 2001
Bachelor of Engineering with honours (II, I)
- Second class, first degree honours.
1993 - 1997
- Graduated with an ´A´ bursary (university entrance).
- Scholarship in Physics.