Technical Support Engineer II
Aug 2013 - Present
While at EMC, I worked on the SSG software team (Solutions Enabler and Powerpath) and VNXe hardware team. Most cases involved in working with storage administrators, escalation engineers, and other support engineers to resolve customer issues within their host systems, network fabrics, and storage arrays. Typical support would include working within the software GUI called Unisphere, running CLI/Terminal commands and/or reviewing/investigating logs. I exceled in my normal day-to-day job requirements and quickly became a team lead on my team.
During this time (2012) the Work Flow Manager for my team was in the hospital and my manager asked that I be the backup WFM while he was out. During this time I learned many of processes and job requirements of a WFM and was the primary Work Flow for my team. Not only did I perform the day-to-day requirements of a WFM but also created backlog reports, optimize team WFM spreadsheets, took leadership trainings, and kept up with my regular workload of cases for my team. Since this time my manager recommended that I look into to the possibility in management at EMC.
Since this time I have been actively working to improve myself and pushing toward a position in management. I have endeavored to take on multiple training courses and certifications to improve myself. Some of these include:
1) Backup Work Flow Manager for VNXe Team.
2) EMCCAe and EMCSA Certified
3) Technical Writer and Knowledgebase Coach for my team.
4) Public Speaking and Professional Trainer - Member of Toastmaster's International.
5) ServiceCloud SME for Draper
6) Currently in the LEAD program at EMC
7) Currently studying to complete my ITIL Certification
8) Currently enrolled in Master's degree in IT Management and will graduate in Feb 2017
9) Proficient in SQL, Excel, Tableau, and Salesforce Reports and Dashboards.
10) Have taken the Following Leadership Courses at EMC: Exploring a Career in Management, Building Your Brand, Increasing you Emotional Intelligence (Preferences, Beliefs, Skills), , Influencing Others, Situational Leadership, Straight Talking, Customer Conversations, and Presentation Skills.