Manager, Fundraising & Special Events
American Diabetes Association of Eastern Oklahoma
Works primarily independently coordinating Tour de Cure. Acts as event representative in a team setting to communicate between programs and events.
- Staff Representative, Community Leadership Board's Marketing and Communications Committee
- Grant Writer - applies for $50,000 in grants annually from corporate and community partners
- Assists with logistics for Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes and Living With Diabetes Expo
Primary Responsibility: Tour de Cure
Tour de Cure is a nationwide signature fundraising event for the American Diabetes Association.Locally, I manage a 30 person volunteer committee to ensure the event's success.
- Solely responsible for the overall logistical, financial, and mission-oriented success of Tulsa's Tour de Cure
- Acquires, retains, and manages relationships with current and past event participants, committee members, volunteers, vendors and sponsors
- 2011: Grossed over $125,000 - largest Tour de Cure in Oklahoma's history. Recruited over 400 registered cyclists and over 100 volunteers