Director of Marketing & Client Relations
Marketing and Public Relations
- Completed firm website redesign – once in December 2011 and again in October 2015. Worked intensively with design firm on overall look and messaging of website. Wrote all website copy.
- Initiated and led the firm through its inaugural strategic planning process.
- Oversaw rebranding initiative that resulted in a logo refresh and focused mission statement.
- Drafts annual firm marketing plan and budget, and guides each of the firm’s practice group through an annual planning and budgeting process.
- Manages media relations—writes and distributes press releases, fields media calls, and communicates cases and results of interest to media outlets across the state.
- Pursues outlets for targeted firm advertisements (both print and radio), works with practice groups to determine ad messaging, and designs/writes all advertising campaigns.
- Identifies periodicals and secures placement of attorneys’ thought leadership.
- Collected firm’s first targeted email distribution lists; manages content marketing campaigns.
- Coordinates community outreach and sponsorship activities; represents firm at client events and trade shows.
- Conducted our first Client Service Initiative: a two-prong client feedback program consisting of in-person client interviews and email surveys.
- Implemented the firm’s first “Client Relationship Management” (CRM) program, trained attorneys on its functions and provided ongoing maintenance to ensure client information is current.
- Plans client appreciation events, including bourbon tastings, cooking classes, Keeneland outings, and more.
- Launched ongoing business development training program, involving internal and external speakers, incentive programs, personal marketing plans, and tracking of ROI.
- Manages firm proposal process.