Interim Executive Director: Nov 2006 to May 2008.Seven direct reports and eight indirect reports.Responsible for management of all areas of the organization, including board relations, exhibitions & programs, public relations, marketing and development and operations.
- Initiated or participated in writing new grants that raised a total of $126,000 to support programs and projects for 2007-2008.
- Negotiated a three-year lease agreement with new tenant.Total contract revenue is $120,000.
- Implemented an exhibition program planning process by inviting key community partners to increase audience participation and share costs.
- Empowered senior staff to take ownership of their program areas.
- Organized annual strategic planning for board and key staff members.
- Produced and maintained balanced budget during interim leadership period.
Director of Operations: Dec. 2002 to present:Areas of accountability include retail operations, human resources, finance, facilities, information technology and security. Provided oversight and coordination of annual outside audit.Three direct reports, five indirect reports.
- Developed a budgeting process and trained staff in its use.
- Implemented internal controls and standardized accounting policies and procedure.
- Developed and implemented human resources processes and procedures, including new hire process, job description and performance review process, termination and transition process.
- Working with a volunteer consultant, drafted and implemented a new security policy, in support of the organization’s application for accreditation with the American Association of Museums.