To help a quality non-profit organization to fulfill its mission.
Managed cash flow, accounting, outside audit, prepared budgets, employee payroll and coordinated employee benefits. Attended Executive Committee meetings as part of the senior management team. Representative accomplishments:
- Automated the manual accounting system using Peachtree
- Procured private & bank financing for term loans & lines of credit
- Influenced donors to give by utilizing financial projections presented graphically
- Project manager for development & implementation of new computerized box office system.
Reporting to the owner of a specialty search firm, managed accounting, finance, employee benefits, contracts and insurance.
Dec 2002 - Present
Interim Executive Director: Nov 2006 to May 2008.Seven direct reports and eight indirect reports.Responsible for management of all areas of the organization, including board relations, exhibitions & programs, public relations, marketing and development and operations.
- Initiated or participated in writing new grants that raised a total of $126,000 to support programs and projects for 2007-2008.
- Negotiated a three-year lease agreement with new tenant.Total contract revenue is $120,000.
- Implemented an exhibition program planning process by inviting key community partners to increase audience participation and share costs.
- Empowered senior staff to take ownership of their program areas.
- Organized annual strategic planning for board and key staff members.
- Produced and maintained balanced budget during interim leadership period.
Director of Operations: Dec. 2002 to present:Areas of accountability include retail operations, human resources, finance, facilities, information technology and security. Provided oversight and coordination of annual outside audit.Three direct reports, five indirect reports.
- Developed a budgeting process and trained staff in its use.
- Implemented internal controls and standardized accounting policies and procedure.
- Developed and implemented human resources processes and procedures, including new hire process, job description and performance review process, termination and transition process.
- Working with a volunteer consultant, drafted and implemented a new security policy, in support of the organization’s application for accreditation with the American Association of Museums.
Oct 2001 - Nov 2002
Reporting to the owner of the real estate holding company, prepared financial statements, prepared payroll, evaluated and improved employee group health programs, evaluated and improved software & management reports.