Experienced management professional with skills in managing remote employees and interacting with technical and nontechnical users while providing feedback and direction . Strengths include organization and attention to detail, creating and maintaining procedures, and meeting deadlines. Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to learn quickly. Recently completed Executive Masters in Business Administration (EMBA).
Dec 2008 - Apr 2009
Financial Business Analyst
Standardized two positions into a single job providing resource and budget data gathering and analysis support to 3 service lines with a combined annual budget of $200M
- Investigated full billing process and rectified billing gaps due to disconnect between departments.
- Implemented Excel functions to reduce time required to create monthly billing file.
- Coordinated steps to close gaps identified between headcount and budget.
- Identified spending issues and pursued details or corrections prior to providing monthly executive scorecard presentation.
- Streamlined metrics gathering report to reduce data errors and speed up delivery
May 2008 - Dec 2008
Global Business Analyst
Provided global business operations consolidation support to the global integration executive and Security, Access, and Risk Management Vice President.
- Developed method to successfully track and coordinate global costs and charge backs between three geographies using Excel and financial data from multiple sources.
- Defined and gained global program lead agreement on charges, ensured payments occurred between the geographies.
- Generated monthly financial, labor, and spending reports and reviewed with program managers, geographies and integration executive.
Jan 2007 - May 2008
Managed a global team of programmers and IBM Tivoli Identity Manager (ITIM) specialists. The team consisted of 12 regular employees, 11 contractors, and 6 offshore resources.
- Performed active resource management and leadership tasks to ensure work distribution, goal identification and accomplishment, and career development.
- Ensured that all solutions were IBM, customer, and Sarbanes-Oxley compliant.
- Identified automation opportunities which improved the Logical Access team’s productivity and audit compliance.
- Coordinated team and individual meetings to ensure remote team members were supervised and motivated.
Aug 2002 - Jan 2007
Team Lead - Automation Solutions
Led a team of java programmers, ITIM and Tivoli Access Management (TAM) specialists.
- Sized work efforts, created task plans, and assigned implementation and support resources for ITIM and TAM deployments.
- Created a requirements template, including use cases, used in training the team and delegating the requirements gathering tasks.
- Tested and verified ITIM functions.
- Participated in development of ITIM Express Certification exam.
Sep 2000 - Aug 2002
Administrator for internal Lotus Notes ID management using internal application
- Quickly learned to monitor moving status queue to identify and correct errors
- Provided daily user support and rotating pager support for ID administration application
- Manual administration of UNIX IDs (AFS, DCE, AIX)
- Created and/or maintained detailed procedures for ID Administration and audit steps
Oct 1998 - Sep 2000
Lotus Notes Administrator
Contractor with IBM
- Administrator for internal Lotus Notes ID management using internal tool.
- Created internal documentation for manual processes and troubleshooting guides.
Aug 1995 - Jun 1998
Source Material Specialist
- Supervisor/Manager, Federal Code & Regulations March 1998 – June 1998
- Created and maintained Lotus Notes databases
- Managed staff of 6 to edit master databases and update publications
- Used SGML coding in an in-house database for composition of data
- Created workflows for all processes and procedures with InfoMap standards
- Source Material Specialist March 1997 – March 1998
- Responsible for new data acquisition and conversion
- Supervised staff of 5 in updating material and products
- Editorial Assistant and Senior Editorial Assistant August 1995 – March 1997
- Facilitated conversion of Wang databases to Lotus Notes
- Amended Internal Revenue Code and updated regulations using SGML tagging
Oct 1994 - Jul 1995
Assistant to Executive Secretary
Midas Kapiti International
Formerly A.C.T. International
- Created Excel time tracking system for Human Resources department.
- Created and maintained client databases in Microsoft Word for Marketing department.
Sep 1991 - Sep 1994
The Bern Dibner Library of Science and Technology
- Managed movement of extensive journal collection from existing library and storage facilities to new building as the Bern Dibner Library was built and opened.
- Managed journal subscriptions, including discussions with faculty to determine best use of journal budget.