Director of Clinical Operations: Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Florida market on an interim basis. This included three freestanding centers and 60 technical and clerical personnel.
- Solidified the local leadership team by developing the skills and confidence of those leaders.
- Designed and implemented a process improvement program to standardize key functions and allow for more effective cross coverage among the centers.
- Exceeded budget expectations by challenging the management team to more effectively manage daily work schedules and accommodate all patient calls for same-day or next-day appointments.
Corporate Compliance Officer: Responsible for the development and implementation of the company's regulatory compliance program, including HIPAA compliance.
- Authored/implemented unified corporate policies consistent with corporate governance initiatives.
- Developed and delivered compliance and privacy training to 2200 employees nationwide.
- Implemented monitoring programs to ensure compliance with corporate policies.
- Designed and implemented a Privacy Program to comply with the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
- Expanded the Business Continuity Program and led the national Crisis Management Team.
- Participated in strategic planning sessions, focusing on corporate growth opportunities.
- Conducted investigations as required, reporting results to the Board of Directors.
Assistant Practice Administrator: Led the Reimbursement Operations, Transcription Services and Information Services functions prior to my promotion to Corporate Compliance Officer.
- Managed 120 professionals in the billing, transcription and IS teams.
- Revitalized the transcription team to reduce backlogs from 4 hours to 1 or less.
- Developed and implemented a plan to provide transcription coverage in the event of system downtime.
- Participated in a cross functional team effort to solicit and evaluate requests for information for an image management and communications system.
Director, Reimbursement Operations: Responsible for management of a $120 million revenue cycle and a team of 80 billing professionals prior to my promotion to Assistant Practice Administrator.
- Redesigned processes to maximize system utilization, increasing billing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Increased collections 3 percentage points ($2.7 million per annum) while reducing staff by 20% during a two-year period of declining reimbursement rates.
- Managed the revenue cycle requirements of a radiology information system installation.